Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

CAR WONT START AFTER BUILD!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 CAR WONT START AFTER BUILD!!!!

i just recently got my b16 completely built and i got it back put it in the car and got it all ready and went to crank it over and it cranks over but wont start and when its cranking it kinda makes a whining noise and also makes like a clicking noise not fast and constant it like click..click..click..click when its turning over sounds like its coming from the head? my fuel pump turns on and i have fuel pressure, im getting spark but havent really messed with ignition timing? i havent checked my fuel filter but it could be so clogged it wont start right? i thing it is more than likely a timing issue...they were supposed to time it but they could have forgot to do it...i would just like to know if anyone has ever came across this or can help me out???
Old 08-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CAR WONT START AFTER BUILD!!!!

Originally Posted by bowtieboy911
i just recently got my b16 completely built and i got it back put it in the car and got it all ready and went to crank it over and it cranks over but wont start and when its cranking it kinda makes a whining noise and also makes like a clicking noise not fast and constant it like click..click..click..click when its turning over sounds like its coming from the head? my fuel pump turns on and i have fuel pressure, im getting spark but havent really messed with ignition timing? i havent checked my fuel filter but it could be so clogged it wont start right? i thing it is more than likely a timing issue...they were supposed to time it but they could have forgot to do it...i would just like to know if anyone has ever came across this or can help me out???
Who built a motor for you? A shop or a friend? What kind of mods are done to the motor?The clicking noise is definately not good!I hope you didn't bent the valves!Remove the valve cover and check the timing.Give us some news!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: CAR WONT START AFTER BUILD!!!!

a local machine shop he does all kinds of motors and i got it bored sleeved rods bearings skunk2 pro 1 cams ferrea valvetrain kit comes with springs retainers seals spings locators etc everything you need but im deffinately worried i bent a valve but i took my car there after i put the motor in and it wouldnt start to have them take a look since they built it but idk if anything should come close the the valves but im not sure...
Old 08-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do a compression and leak down test
Old 08-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bowtieboy911
a local machine shop he does all kinds of motors and i got it bored sleeved rods bearings skunk2 pro 1 cams ferrea valvetrain kit comes with springs retainers seals spings locators etc everything you need but im deffinately worried i bent a valve but i took my car there after i put the motor in and it wouldnt start to have them take a look since they built it but idk if anything should come close the the valves but im not sure...
Do you have adjustable cam gears?Definetly check compression.I wouldn't check too many things because after the shop will say that you are the one that did it.Take it there as fast as possible.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes i do have adjustable cam gears