Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Check out these Headlights! LuminicsBulbs.com!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out these Headlights! LuminicsBulbs.com!!!

Hey guys, if you do as much riding as I do (especially at nite) then i bet all are you are concerned about lighting the road and being seen. I've always been a cautious rider, and if i can do anything else to make me and my bike more noticable (day or night) then I would take that precaution. I came across http://www.LuminicsBulbs.com. They offer a wide variety of bulb sizes for three main styles. JDM Yellow (2500k), HyperWhite (5750k), and Ultra Violet (7050k), are all sure to give your bike a totally re-vamped look, and they most certainly did on my '93 kawi zx6d. I talked to b16aef9 from honda-tech (Scott Brown, OWNER of Luminicsbulbs.com), and he sent me a set of jdm yellows, and a set of ultra violet to trial them out on my zx6. This action is a direct reflection on the character of this company, and their professionalism was only exceeded by their respect and dedication to their customers. Being the picture nut I am, I couldn't wait till they arrived.

Now everyone remembers that feeling when you order something and it takes weeks to arrive (like my dam digial camera), luckily, this was NOT the case. http://www.LuminicsBulbs.com had them at my door step in 2 days.

Ok now for some pictures. Bare with me, these were hard to obtain as it is, but i think the color comes across nicely. I took a ton of pictures over a span of 2 days (so my bike was on the centerstand for a few, and on the kickstand for the other few).

Here is the Stock bulb.

and some low beam / hi beam shots of the light and its light pattern.

now if you are like me, and don't own one of the newer bikes that have the pretty sweet projector headlights, you understand that sometimes when you see 1 headlight comin to ya, you either think its a padiddle, or a biker. and even being the motorcycle enthusiast i am, i still think padiddle my first instict. Now if me being the motorcycle enthusiast i am barely thinks its a biker, what makes the woman driving the escalade on her cell phone think any different? My Exact point for swapping those headlights for something new and something different to be seen.

Here is what the great people at http://www.Luminicsbulbs.com sent me

I immediately swapped in the violets and started getting to work, and WOW what a difference! If you look back to back on the headlight beam patterns you can see how much more light is made with the ultra violets. they are intense!

and a low / high beam shot

notice the clips on the garage door, and how much MORE illimanted they are over the stock bulb! pretty sweet eh? kinda remind me of those audi purple Hids. I was diggin the brightness, but I enjoy a low profile, so i moved on to the JDM yellers...

I personally liked these the best. I apologize for not having the bike on the centerstand in the exact same place, but i had just taken a ride in the 10 degree weather with just my work coat and some jeans on, so needlees to say i had no feeling in my fingers..haha.

these bulbs emit a brilliant yellow than can be seen from very far away. its soft on the eyes, yet you don't pass it up. I found these to be the best for night time riding, and they I would feel more comfortable about riding with these at night through the police parking lot at 3am.

i couldn't help myself with the pictures the last two i just ran downstairs and snapped, (bike in different position again) these pictures dont do justice by how well these jdm yellows light up the road at night, I LOVE THEM! I am considering ordering a set for my integra when i finish the rebuild! best part about them, is the JDM's are only $30 from http://www.LuminicsBulbs.com. the hyper whites and ultra violet are only $25! With Free shipping and unconditional guarantee, this company has definately impressed me. I'm sure everyone has read about them, but this is just one more to convince you when you need bulbs, or tired of people not seeing you, http://www.LuminicsBulbs.com is the way to go. hope you guys enjoyed my little write up as much as i did! rock n roll!

http://www.LuminicsBulbs.com

modified to fix pics

Modified by RedStarGsr at 7:25 PM 1/18/2005
Old 01-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good write-up!! Your bike is tilted in the pictures.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

some are, some aren't, its a suprise in every box... ok that made no sense
Old 01-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedStarGsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedStarGsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some are, some aren't, its a suprise in every box... ok that made no sense</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think it's mostly a Kawasaki thing, huh?

Har har har. How come some of your links are broken?
Old 01-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

which links ,ill fix em
Old 01-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nevermind. They're working now...
Old 01-18-2005, 09:51 PM

Very nice write up man.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Check out these Headlights! LuminicsBulbs.com!!! (RedStarGsr)

WoW thank you for an excellent post really nice pictures.

If anyone is not sure which bulb there specific bike you can visit our bike section at

http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/motorcycle_bulbs.php
Old 01-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out these Headlights! LuminicsBulbs.com!!! (B16aef9)

Nice post. Yeah my friend had the jmd's in his R6 and looked nice but I like the HID look better but would like to get both to switch it up from time to time.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Check out these Headlights! LuminicsBulbs.com!!! (dan_w_82)

We have been selling alot of bulbs to street bikers in all 3 colors and everyone has been extremely happy

Old 01-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out these Headlights! LuminicsBulbs.com!!! (B16aef9)

BUMP and yeah I'll let everyone know about them around here. I have it in my favorites for when I finish up the bike. THANKS
Old 01-28-2005, 03:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dan_w_82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BUMP and yeah I'll let everyone know about them around here. I have it in my favorites for when I finish up the bike. THANKS </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks

Old 01-29-2005, 12:35 PM

what is the wattage
Old 01-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ngng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ngng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the wattage</TD></TR></TABLE>

55w like stock
Old 01-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like with cars, those colored bulbs are actually putting less light on the road than your stock ones.

If you're really concerned with being able to see, you're doing yourself a disservice by swapping to one of these "appearance" bulbs.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Check out these Headlights! LuminicsBulbs.com!!! (JeffS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just like with cars, those colored bulbs are actually putting less light on the road than your stock ones.

If you're really concerned with being able to see, you're doing yourself a disservice by swapping to one of these "appearance" bulbs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you read the different reviews on our bulbs on this website you will read that our high quality bulbs will actually allow you to see more. The draw on the bulb is stock wattage that is correct but the projection is much higher to make up for the coating on the bulb.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i buy mine yesterday i waiting
Old 02-04-2005, 06:24 AM

Default Re: (ARAXIS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ARAXIS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i buy mine yesterday i waiting </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the orders

Old 02-04-2005, 10:35 AM

I learned quickly that aftermarket bulbs are mostly just hype and "expected" improvement.

I trashed my aftermarket bulbs and installed HID on my Busa last Wednesday. MUCHO improvement.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HMan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HMan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I learned quickly that aftermarket bulbs are mostly just hype and "expected" improvement.

I trashed my aftermarket bulbs and installed HID on my Busa last Wednesday. MUCHO improvement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

try before you bash. i run one of Scott's jdm yellow bulbs in my high beam and a bixenon projector where my low beam used to be. in fog (which is here almost every night), the yellow bulb is simply awsome. same goes for rain and other krap weather.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: (usdmPC3)

I've tried many and read actual tests (not someone just throwing them in a vehicle and liking them) on aftermarket bulbs. There is not a one so far that has impressed me.

HID is the only true "upgrade" that does any good.

I'll give you that the amber beams penetrate fog better. When the fog goes away, you have an inferior light.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HMan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HMan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'll give you that the amber beams penetrate fog better. When the fog goes away, you have an inferior light.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have a harrd time believe i have an inferior light when i can see better than stock bulbs, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, people can see me better at night. i guess to each his own... but i do agree on HID's, BUT, my bulb is a dual filament and no hid is dual filament (yet)
Old 02-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedStarGsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedStarGsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have a harrd time believe i have an inferior light when i can see better than stock bulbs, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, people can see me better at night. i guess to each his own... but i do agree on HID's, BUT, my bulb is a dual filament and no hid is dual filament (yet)</TD></TR></TABLE>

enter bi-xenons. but for the price, you can't beat these bulbs.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Re: (usdmPC3)

Old 02-08-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: (B16aef9)

Pics of my HID. Hope to get some "from the seat" pics soon when it warms up. These were taken before full dark. The really dark pics are taken with the exposure turned down so the lights detail can be seen. The Insight has the brights on.

Quick Reply: Check out these Headlights! LuminicsBulbs.com!!!