Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

LuminicsBulbs.com's JDM Yellow H7 bulb on my 600rr (product review)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 03:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LuminicsBulbs.com's JDM Yellow H7 bulb on my 600rr (product review)

Scott was nice enough to send a bunch of us sets of his bulbs to try out for free. I find it rare that any company will do something like this even if it were a sticker. His actions are appreciated and are an indicator of his and his company's character. Anyways, here are some pics of a JDM Yellow H7 in my high beam. One thing that is important is that these are 55w bulbs; just like factory. No melting wire harnesses here.

Front shot:

Garage Door:

Busted *** Civic (beam is high since my driveway is pretty steep):

Paired with Bi-Xenon High:

Nobody better use the excuse "I didn't see you" anymore

I will take some road shots once I get my "naked" bike back together.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: LuminicsBulbs.com's JDM Yellow H7 bulb on my 600rr (usdmPC3)

like the bulbs nice and bright
Old 01-09-2005, 05:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by usdmPC3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> His actions are appreciated and are an indicator of his and his company's character. </TD></TR></TABLE>

2nd on that! I just got mine. I'm gonna install them today on my 600RR. What happened to your bike?
Old 01-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LuminicsBulbs.com's JDM Yellow H7 bulb on my 600rr (knuttsachel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by knuttsachel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

2nd on that! I just got mine. I'm gonna install them today on my 600RR. What happened to your bike?</TD></TR></TABLE>

to get the headlight out, you have to take off all plastics but the tank and tail. i took tank and tail plastics off just to tuck some wiring and such.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by usdmPC3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
to get the headlight out, you have to take off all plastics but the tank and tail.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really?? That seems like a lot of trouble to replace one (or two) headlight bulbs. Did you mean the headlight bulb, or the headlight?
Old 01-09-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: LuminicsBulbs.com's JDM Yellow H7 bulb on my 600rr (marmaladeboy)

I think he meant the light housings not the bublbs. I installed mine with no problem. If I had to take all the fairings off to get to the bublbs. I would've bought another bike!
Old 01-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i meant the whole headlight. i did my projector this week. sorry for the confusion!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

take this with a grain of salt, but i dont really like it.

to me it just looks like a dirty halogen bulb.

hids in both would look better cosmetically imo, BUT can you notice the advantage of having the yellow bulb in there?

Old 01-10-2005, 12:30 PM
This user can set his title.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (EGlovr)

Whats the point of yellow bulbs? Just wondering is it better?

Cause I know someone with it on there car and it is dim at shiznit
Old 01-10-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: (ki3t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ki3t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats the point of yellow bulbs? Just wondering is it better?

Cause I know someone with it on there car and it is dim at shiznit </TD></TR></TABLE>

We have had several customers with street bikes comment that the yellow lights the road up alot better then the bulbs they where currently running. They also state that they light up and reflect off wet pavement alot better.

Here is another customer that is running our Ultra Violet bulbs in his bike.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by knuttsachel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Scott, I rode in this morning and the Ultra Violets look awesome. They look and reflect of signs just like my 04 TL. I am installing the JDm yeloow in the High Beam for my night riding. the filament actually looks better made than my Silverstars!</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.LuminicsBulbs.com
Grumpy Old Man

Default Re: (ki3t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ki3t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats the point of yellow bulbs? Just wondering is it better?

Cause I know someone with it on there car and it is dim at shiznit </TD></TR></TABLE>

JDM boy doesn't know about the hotness of the yellow bulbs?

ki3t You putting these in the 600RR? Oh yeah you didn't get....
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EGlovr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGlovr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take this with a grain of salt, but i dont really like it.

to me it just looks like a dirty halogen bulb.

hids in both would look better cosmetically imo, BUT can you notice the advantage of having the yellow bulb in there?

.02</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can see what you mean. I did notice that the yellow was more visible in heavy rain and fog conditions the other night than a dry condition. I would have gotten another hid projector but bi-xenon setups are pricey and I was on a limited budget for my project. In reality, whatever bulb I run in the highbeam slot doesn't really matter; my single hid low beam alone is brighter than the stock high and low halogen beams. I suppose you could compare my running the yellow bulb to a lexus is300; normal hid low beams with yellow fogs.

edit: if you look at this link https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1107094 ; you can see the yellow nicely. the jdm yellow bulb honestly stood out in the monsoon i was riding in the other night; very visible.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RebornGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RebornGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

JDM boy doesn't know about the hotness of the yellow bulbs?

ki3t You putting these in the 600RR? Oh yeah you didn't get....</TD></TR></TABLE>

slap!

knuttsachel; you have an extra ultraviolet you want to let me try?
Old 01-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (usdmPC3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by usdmPC3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can see what you mean. I did notice that the yellow was more visible in heavy rain and fog conditions the other night than a dry condition. I would have gotten another hid projector but bi-xenon setups are pricey and I was on a limited budget for my project. In reality, whatever bulb I run in the highbeam slot doesn't really matter; my single hid low beam alone is brighter than the stock high and low halogen beams. I suppose you could compare my running the yellow bulb to a lexus is300; normal hid low beams with yellow fogs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-12-2005, 06:08 AM

Thank for all of the great feedback we should have pictures of the Ultra Violets in the next couple days.

Old 01-12-2005, 07:47 AM

They're both on my RR at the moment!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (knuttsachel)

i wanna get some free bulbs!! how do i get some? i wanna try em on my kawi.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Re: (crashtest Sonny)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crashtest Sonny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wanna get some free bulbs!! how do i get some? i wanna try em on my kawi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im sorry we where offering free bulbs on this site a couple weeks ago so some members could try them out and let other members know how they felt about our product. We could come on and tell you all kinds of hype about our product but instead we chose to let our product speak for itself and allow some of the loyal honda-tech members to test them out.

You can purchase them directly on our website at

Old 01-13-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: (B16aef9)

Anyone else wish to post pictures of the bulbs on there bike?

Old 01-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16aef9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone else wish to post pictures of the bulbs on there bike?

http://www.LuminicsBulbs.com </TD></TR></TABLE>

i can now isolate my highbeam so i will post up some pics with your bulb only; no hid's.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:20 AM

Sounds Great doesnt anyone happen to have pictures of our Ultra Violets on there bike?

Old 01-14-2005, 12:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i had a pipe go in my garage, so my bike is buried under a pile of stuff atm. i just finished hanging drywall, so i should have pics and a writeup by the end of the weekend for the JDM yellows ya sent me
Old 01-16-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: (smokee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smokee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had a pipe go in my garage, so my bike is buried under a pile of stuff atm. i just finished hanging drywall, so i should have pics and a writeup by the end of the weekend for the JDM yellows ya sent me</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank You

Old 03-07-2005, 06:14 AM

Here is our Bike application guide

http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/motorcycle_bulbs.php
Old 03-10-2005, 07:29 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: LuminicsBulbs.com's JDM Yellow H7 bulb on my 600rr (B16aef9)

I just bought the JDM Yellows and love them!! They work very well. It may look dim when looking down on the headlight but, look at the direct beam and you will see the actual light output. The best part is...you are more visible to other vehicles. The Yellow stands out!

Quick Reply: LuminicsBulbs.com's JDM Yellow H7 bulb on my 600rr (product review)