Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

2005 Honda CRV srs code help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 03:46 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 Honda CRV srs code help

Hello,
Got an srs code that won' t clear. Just came up a day after the airbag recall was done. Dealer said it was normal???? Before I go back to those guys, I did the paper clip thing and got a code 2-8...two long flashes followed by eight short flashes then it paused and repeated the same sequence. I can't find the meaning to this code anywhere. Can anyone help with this. I'd like to be loaded with ammo before heading back to the dealer.
UPDATE... took a flyer on usual suspects . Shot some WD40 Teflon dry lube into the driver side seat belt latch assembly (Working in field service repair I use this stuff all the time to clean contacts and lube parts that are delicate). I worked the latch a bit and let 'er rip. SRS code has vanished. Shot some into the passenger side latch after this. We shall see how this goes but for now looks promising. I will probably pull the cover off the belt latches (need star driver with center hole for this) and give them a once over as far as cleaning this weekend. Hope this helps someone down the road
thanks...Greg

Last edited by Gregoryv; 04-30-2024 at 06:41 AM.
The following users liked this post: