Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Member Introductions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Member Introductions

Howdy,
I am Caleb Jankovsky of the windy state of Wyoming. I'm starting my first Honda project car. it started as a stock 91 civic DX. I did not start this project, but I intend to finnish it. It is becoming L-Civic .

Here it is:

It has been gutted. I have a 8 point roll cage that is going to be fitted. I have cleaned up the wires to the trunk and will be running them along the driver side. Please don't be worried about that tubing in the pictures. That is going away soon. As i said I am putting in a roll bar. I have already bought some 16 Gauge steel to seal the cab. and I am thinking about using Lexan for the rear window.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello everyone I am completely new to the Honda scene, and my friends are deep into it. So I figured it was time to dive right in. I just picked my 2003 Civic SI (EP3). And I am loving it right now its pretty much bone stock minus a cold air intake and a synergy bushings all around including motor/tranny mounts. Don't have much for pictures yet but here is one.
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2016, 08:54 AM
Trial User

I am a new member and longtime Honda driver.

Just bought my 1996 Accord EX from my sister-in-law, for myself. But my 16yo son wants to claim it!!!!! 184,000 original miles and still surprisingly tight, clean and well cared-for.

I also have a 2007 FIT with 46,000 original miles and a 2009 Accord with about 78,000 miles.

Love me some Hondas!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My name is Alex Im a 6 year proud owner of a eg civic vx I had lots of

Hondas acura eg civics but this one chose me

Old 03-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Trial User

Hey I am Dustin from leduc Alberta. I am buying my first Honda as a running build for a summer tuner project. joining to do some research and get some opinions on popper professional modding and tuning. currently going to get a EM1- b16A2 on Tuesday. needs brakes and ball joints but is rust free and garage kept for the last 3 years or so and done about 2000km of driving over that time. suggestions on first once overs? fluid flushes? (thinking just dump all haha) and first decent mods to add. have herd from other forums - short ram intake--high flow cat-- and cat back system is a good start- will also probably do coil-overs and camber kits as it needs the ball joints anyway. thoughts? ideas?
Old 03-16-2016, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would do all basic maintenance tune up oils n order a suspension kit ball joints ect that way you will have a good foundation to build from those are just as important as engine mods
Old 03-17-2016, 04:44 AM
Trial User

hello everybody, my name is josh, and im from Cheyenne, WY. I have followed this forum for quite a while, lurking through the shadows un-noticed as I work in the oilfield away from any civilization. I currently own a 98' civic ex coupe, and shooting for big numbers in the y8 world with a little help from a well known owner of a shop in Colorado. I have built everything from multiple dsm's, to Camaros to old school mopars and so forth. I had originally bought our civic as a back and forth daily due to living so far out of town, but as always, young guns with nitrous corvettes and Camaros tend to get under my skin. We are currently in the process of sourcing out parts, and getting a plan together. As progress comes along, I will post pictures(currently on my work computer). I look forward to talking with people and sharing experiences!
Old 03-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Trial User

I’m from Northern CA and have owned an S2000 for 16 years. Sadly I’m joining the forums to sell her. I’m too old to get in and out now.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello everyone
I'm Tomek from Poland and since 8 years I'm happy owner of Civic Ferio EG8
This is afew photos of my car

Old 03-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice looking Civic. Lose the red drums for some rear discs and you score a 100% in my book
Old 03-21-2016, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have to but a rear swap of brakes but it's hard to find in good condition
Old 03-21-2016, 03:34 AM
Trial User

Hi, I am Tom Luice. I have joined this group today. I wish to learn new things from this forum.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi it's great to be a member here. I've been reading a lot of threads and have gotten some great info.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello , everyone name is Lopez and new to the Honda game
Old 03-25-2016, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

New member here, I have a 2001 accord ex coupe. I bought about oh 8 months ago for 1,000 in Orlando, and have been restoring it back to it's original condition. So far I into it for about 4947, and that includes the buying the car. Wonderful thing about getting a car with high miles, it is always a gamble weather or not the previous owner did any of the high mileage maintenance, they did not. So here is the fun so far.

Repaired rear end damage when I got it and replaced the rear bumper cover.

New transmission, the old one hung in there for about 6 months before completely taking a ****.

New struts all the way around.

High mileage maintenance. water pump timing belt, hoses belts, flushed the PS pump.

Just recently new upper control arms.

Just today finished upgrading all of the dash, console, AC controller with LED's replacing the awesome incandescent bulbs.

Currently finishing body work so I can paint it in about a month.

With all of this done it should last another 300k miles or so.

Oh BTW it has 291k miles on it and runs like brand new. On a side not the timing belt that was replaced was the original, that was a ticking time-bomb.

So it is now nearly a new car.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, registered today. I have an Accord 96 LX. I posted a recent thread due to a strange problem with the engine when the car gets too cold. It's a four door sedan, automatic transmission with a 4 cylinder engine and 2.2/132 displacement L/CI. I purchased it last year, an old and used car.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Member Introductions

hi Guys new guy here... hoping to gain some new friends here... I work in a auto repair shop here is my daily car and in a working progress the engine is still all stock..... it's a Honda Civic Lxi model year 98. I acquired this 5 years ago from a friend of mine who works from the shop I'm working with

here she is

new upgrade

here she is after i cleaned the engine bay

Last edited by toyomatt84; 03-30-2016 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Removed URL, as you do not have permission to advertise on Honda-Tech.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Trial User

Hey everyone. I have used this site for years and finally decided to join. My name is Jake and I'm from Ontario, Canada. I am currently building a 1991 Civic hatchback special edition.

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-04-2016, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi im Arnette. I got a 95 integra as a project last october. It was in pretty bad shape. Ive spent alot of hours in junkyards to find parts which I actually enjoy
This sites has provided alot of info in my research, I guess I was too shy to sign until now.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Trial User

Hello! My name is Martin, have been a long time user of this awesome forum site. Long time Honda fan currently in Utah looking forward to meet some of the same like minded peeps.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Was up all I haven't posted in a while I just finished my wifes car thought id share!!!

I think that she is happy
Old 04-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello all

My name is Jim and I'm completely new to Hondas AND modding. Been working on cars all my life but usually just to fix what was broke! Have restored several cars (72 Fiat Spyder, 53 Mercedes, 78 Firebird Esprit) so I'm mechanically inclined...just always went back to stock...or close,
Found a 93 Del Sol that a young boy ran under an SUV. Since my daughter will be driving in a few years and my son is getting old enough, I plan to kill two birds with one stone. Have a car for her that I can be sure of and teach him how to turn a wrench. Why the del sol? Honda reliability (or so I've heard for years) and NO BACKSEAT!!!!!!!
Definitely gonna need a new Rad support assy and I have heard that E Honda has a really good how to on his front end conversion thread. I'll probably find it but if anyone could point me to it I'd appreciate it while I'm learning the navigation on this site.
Trying to get pics where I can post them here.

Not pretty...but its mine

REALLY not pretty!

Anyway, Just thought I'd say hi and let you know I will be asking lots of ??? and helping out others where I can.

Jim
Old 04-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yoooo, im tyler and i just love to murder out cars like the rest

Old 04-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Roosterjd
Hello all

My name is Jim and I'm completely new to Hondas AND modding. Been working on cars all my life but usually just to fix what was broke! Have restored several cars (72 Fiat Spyder, 53 Mercedes, 78 Firebird Esprit) so I'm mechanically inclined...just always went back to stock...or close,
Found a 93 Del Sol that a young boy ran under an SUV. Since my daughter will be driving in a few years and my son is getting old enough, I plan to kill two birds with one stone. Have a car for her that I can be sure of and teach him how to turn a wrench. Why the del sol? Honda reliability (or so I've heard for years) and NO BACKSEAT!!!!!!!
Definitely gonna need a new Rad support assy and I have heard that E Honda has a really good how to on his front end conversion thread. I'll probably find it but if anyone could point me to it I'd appreciate it while I'm learning the navigation on this site.
Trying to get pics where I can post them here.

Not pretty...but its mine

REALLY not pretty!

Anyway, Just thought I'd say hi and let you know I will be asking lots of ??? and helping out others where I can.

Jim
I like your thinking. I learned most of what i know about motors from my dad. The del sol is a good find. The lack of a back seat makes me laugh. I'm not looking forward to that aspect of life when I have daughter(s) of my own. cheers
Old 04-06-2016, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Aye Watsup to all my Honda tuners and enthusiasts my name is Gary I drive a 97 delsol

Quick Reply: Member Introductions