Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

inline four in oc is a rippoff scam

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inline four in oc is a rippoff scam

in oc at inlinefour i took my car in to get stage 1 clutch and to have new shift linkage bushings and resurfaced flywheel! mycar had a whining sound when you wouldnt have the clutch pedal in and it still does it the clutch was install most definetly but the flywheel was def not resurfaced my bushings are not new and **** just wasnt right with them took 2 weeks for a clutch install!! im sure they swapped a hose from my radiator cuz it was leaking when i left there spot and had a huge rip! HOW WOULD A RIP HAPPEN JUST Sittin in there shop idk n im just sayin.. 2 of the bolts connecting the tranny and the block-tranny were not even in all the way and i was wondering y my tranny was leaking and that was yy!!! horrible guys at inline four definetly do not reccommend them straight bullshit! im am definetly dissappointed with them and all scammers! thanks for reading
Old 02-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inline four in oc is a rippoff scam

is this the same people as inlinefour.com? Ive ordered from there countless times with no issues.. but I always do my own installs. *dont trust mechanics for reasons like this*

couple things with your story you may want to touch on...

1. how do you know your flywheel is not resurfaced? did you remove the tranny and look for yourself? (that being the case you should have done the job yourself to begin with and taken the flywheel by itself to be resurfaced.)

2. your tranny will Not leak if 2 of the bolts holding it from the block are loose. However if 2 of the bolts holding the gear box section to the bellhousing are loose then you will have a leak... If that were the case then they probably scammed you alot more than you think. cuz those bolts have no business being touched while changing a clutch. If you still see oil from the crack between the tranny and block is probably your Main leaking which would be Your problem not theres.

3. It is possible to break hoses while removing a transmission to replace the clutch. *they should have caught it though*. Theres multiple reason why... dry hose.. pinched while removing tranny whatever. If the clutch was replaced it obviously didnt just sit there for 2 weeks with no one touching it. Point is **** like that does happen.

4. and to cover your noise issue.. What exactly did you purchase from them. Did your clutch KIT include throwout and pilot bearings? If you bought just the disc from them.. any mechanic will just replace the disc and not touch anything else. You said you purchased a stage 1 clutch, no mention of a kit or anything. the noise is only a $10-15 bearing that in some sets is not included. get where I'm going with this???
Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've ordered from inlinefour.com only a couple times without issues. However, i've read numerous accounts of them having horrible in house service. I'm sure a simple google search will show a bunch of threads like this. :/
Old 02-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there having a few problems lately theres a few people that are pissed off cause there selling replica parts and passing them as real.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

shady ****...
Old 02-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea ive seen a few threads going on as to how they are not returning peoples money and are avoiding them at all costs
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mmmm that's sad, hate to hear this going for you bro

i had visited thier sites a bunch of times and i'll add to the scam list next to nrg
Old 03-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow like the others said above im ordered parts from them and called and asked questions and talked to them they seem like great people and went the extra mile for me getting me 1 buddy club p1 valve spring and ret. but i also do my own work im still surprised to see that so many dont. SOrry bout what happened to you did you call them afterwards?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i actually contacted him and he sayd he did everything he was supposed to and if i wanted hed look at it again but im like fck that y would i have u check my car out just to take more parts off of it **** THAT
Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

THANKS FOR UR REPLY
Old 03-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

AND for the first guy who replyed i actually got everything replaced i have the paper i know for a fact taht **** wasnt touched i dont have to take it out! but doestnt really matter the few signs at teh top already show shadyness!!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A. Whining noise with clutch engaged is the input shaft bearing. It's common knowledge and has absolutely NOTHING to do with the clutch.
B. There is NO fluid between the block and trans. A fluid leak from that area would be caused by a bad input shaft seal which occurs when the bearing goes bad, giving the shaft some play which negates the seal.

Summary: Your trans is bad.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nah my trans is fine! its a lil hose thats leaking oil! i found it but either way..those huge *** bolts shoulda been all the way in.. all im tryin to get acrooss is dont trust these guys im his brother in laws neighbor n they sitll skimped me they have no respect
Old 03-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No seriously, the whining noise in your trans in the input shaft bearing. It's an extremely common issue with the 92-00 d series transmissions.

I don't care about hearsay, I'm just telling you exactly what's wrong with your car. It's a well documented issue...you can't just go around blaming business for your own issues like this.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ohwell there a skimp as bussiness you obviously support skimpers u act like **** like this dont hapen!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

n if its the input shaft bearing how do i fix it? or do i just need a whole new transmission?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ftweh2
n if its the input shaft bearing how do i fix it? or do i just need a whole new transmission?
Install new bearing.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fashoo! is it complicated to do so! ima look for a diy thread if u know of em lmk
Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't support skimpers, flakers, thieves, liars or bad business practices...I'm just telling you what's wrong with your car. This took about 3 seconds of searching on google to locate:

http://www.d-series.org/forums/trans...ng-change.html

Looks like it's for a b series trans but it gives you a good idea on what you have to do.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks alot! my bad to get all defensive i just was really dissappointed after being reccomened! ya meng.