Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

AMR suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AMR suspension

I called BULLSHIT on the Hyperco thing last time his stuff popped up.

Im sure you can get koni/gc within a week with custom everything, or progress with custom everything. Progress shipped me Hyperco 1000lb rates at the same time AMR couldnt get any.....

CHarge back and move on, its not like these are the best things out there. Excuses...excuses....excuses. I guess if you are ok letting someone vacation on your money then go right ahead and stick with it.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If they are out of stock they can't do anything about it. There are some things that you cannot control. Just try to contact again.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ordered those trailing arm sphericals from a guy in this Road Race section and it took 2 months of me emailing after I paid before I got response why they weren't shipped. He only bothered to respond after I said I will "chargeback" (looked like he was familiar with that term)then he replied immediately within 30min. I asked for a refund and bought the same product from ebay and it was to my place in 2 weeks.

It is unacceptable that people who sell "race products" cannot send out their products in a timely manner. I don't care where people are racing that day,week,weekend,month
Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civic_b18c1
If they are out of stock they can't do anything about it. There are some things that you cannot control. Just try to contact again.
They can't control their own inventory? Yeah, sign me up for that bs.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by known
They can't control their own inventory? Yeah, sign me up for that bs.
LOL I have to agree with you Corey.
Sounds like this guy lives one set to the next, funding the next order with anothers money.
All this waiting on parts and waiting on machinery... Its too hokey.
With so many types of springs available and Eibach that has plentiful inventory its hard to listen to another lame excuse of what he doesnt have, and another racer not getting what he paid for.

I also have a hard time giving my money to someone who doesnt have a physical address.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you own a business.
if you can't keep up with demand, hire more manpower/buy more equipment.
if you can't keep stock in house, find a new supplier.

it doesn't quite make sense that he doesn't have the "ability" to assemble the components but still keeps taking orders. to me, that's a BRIGHT RED FLAG.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eibach has issues too.

i tried to order a custom set of eibach springs, was told they where out of stock, and it would take almost a month to get what i wanted. so i got them in another size.

if i remember right i was looking for 550lb front in a 6" high spring, with 500lb rear in 6" high spring. they were out of 500lb in 6". ordered 6.5" spring instead cause it was in stock.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:50 PM
rota92

Originally Posted by 90_EX_Civic
eibach has issues too.

i tried to order a custom set of eibach springs, was told they where out of stock, and it would take almost a month to get what i wanted. so i got them in another size.

if i remember right i was looking for 550lb front in a 6" high spring, with 500lb rear in 6" high spring. they were out of 500lb in 6". ordered 6.5" spring instead cause it was in stock.
Sure, places run into inventory issues from things outside of their control sometimes.

But to hold up peoples' orders when the springs are readily available because his source/wallet can't get them isn't right. Like people said on here, it's a nice product but I've heard a lot of these stories.

Whatever the reason is, it's not good for business, and most individuals in their right mind will no longer support these types of businesses.

It's a messed up industry. But the reason some shops grow into giants is because they are always on top of their **** and plan how to fund/stock/produce to their growing demand.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i hear ya.

pretty sure we're be hearing from andy pretty soon.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

seems tha if i were to go on vacation for several months, and was my only employee, i sure as hell wouldn't process orders before informing the customer of my situation. plus, i would feel obligated to fill all of my existing orders before said vacation... and maybe put a note on my website and close my shopping cart to prevent more orders until i returned...

if my equipment was busted, i would get it fixed asap... and inform the customer.

if i was out of stock on a product and holding up production and orders being fulfilled, i would substitute a better product for that order, eat the cost... and inform the customer.

if i was the "best in the world" suspension manufacturer, i sure as hell wouldn't treat customers like that. 12 month backlog - hell no. not going to put customers through that. very unprofessional.

likely this is a "pyramid scheme" type place - he funds your order off of the next order due to lack of cash flow or business ethic/sense.

oh, and i also am a 1-man small business. never left a customer hanging in the wind, and never will...
Old 08-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup, well said by several.

I'm sure his arrogance will surface with some bs excuse, and then his 4 happy customers will back him.

Hopefully nobody has to deal with this anymore... AMR Suspension AMR Coilover crawl it google
Old 08-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have also been in contact with AMR. Have yet to hear anything back.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still haven't heard anything from them... has anybody recieved any word from them? can i file a paypal claim and ask for a refund? only reason im asking is its been more than 2 months now..
Old 08-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmlooks
I have also been in contact with AMR. Have yet to hear anything back.
You mean you have contacted amr and have not heard anything?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

i'm curious why anyone buys suspension parts from a 1 man shop like this?

do you really think this one guy is able to create god's gift to shock absorbers? one set at a time?

the suspension forum mod, libertariat, has been swinging on andy/amr's nuts for years now. https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/click-here-all-you-curious-about-suspension-setups-their-costs-reliability-2967499/ seriously, he ranks some fly by night "company" up there with bilstein, koni, h&r, kw...

Originally Posted by Andy@AMR
If your clueless about suspension then you should have my company build you a set of coilovers. We are a Honda-tech sponsor, and all you have to do is simply place your order via our online order form. http://www.amrengineering.com/order-online

Simply list your modifications, and the goals for your chassis, and we'll get you taken care of. No need to worry about what spring rates or valving to run, leave it to us, and we'll get you all squared away. Please include your screen name as we give a discount to honda-tech members. www.amrengineering.com We setup chassis with Kswap, Jswap, Bswap..you name it..we've done it in the 8+ years we have been in business. No need for any guess work or online opinions, we'll get your project suspension buttoned up, and recommend any other mods to help reach your goals.

great, he custom builds each set to your personal goals... great, you can leave it to him... right.

i dunno, obviously if i was trying to start a company and build a reputation, it'd suck to have someone online hating on you, questioning your integrity. but it just looks like all the other companies (omni, pic, ksport, yonaka, etc) who have found a taiwanese machine shop supply them with cheap machined parts, and powdercoat or anodize it, throw it in a box. and call it "engineering."

Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Future Texas Boy

Originally Posted by 90_EX_Civic
eibach has issues too.

It happens. It's not uncommon for a larger distributor to order 100+ pieces of a single part number and wipe us out. We coil (in America) and get them back on the shelf ASAP. We typically have at least 100 springs on the shelf for any good seller and up to 400. It just depends on the part number. I'll rattle a couple off for the hell of it:

0700.25.0450 - 98
0700.250.0550 - 102
0800.250.0400 - 182
0800.250.0450 - 146
Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 AM
TPB
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tyson
i'm curious why anyone buys suspension parts from a 1 man shop like this?

do you really think this one guy is able to create god's gift to shock absorbers? one set at a time?

the suspension forum mod, libertariat, has been swinging on andy/amr's nuts for years now.
I'm with you - there are a number of nutswingers in that forum that swear by AMR yet there are so many obvious signs of a poorly run company that it defies logic why anyone would still subject themselves to the aggravation associated in dealing with a third rate seller.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Some of you guys have no idea how custom order retail works. There's honestly no excuse for you guys getting upset about the big lead time. Everyone who has placed an order knows exactly what they're getting into.

I've been waiting 5 months for mine now, but I last spoke to Andy about a month ago myself.

The people knocking the quality without any first-hand experience, one of my best buds has ran AMR for 1.5 autocross seasons, and was in the same boat we're all in at some point, too. I remember him calling me freaking out that Andy hasn't gotten in touch with him, but low and behold he finally did and got them shipped out.

I've driven on them, and another ST class civic owner I know (Eric) has put 4 seasons and won nationals on AMR coilovers and has nothing but nice things to say except for the lead-time.

That said, there are plenty of Koni/GC setups that win nationals, too, but that doesn't mean AMR isn't also good stuff made by a good guy.

Andy certainly has a flux of visibilty. Over the years I've literally seen him show up for a few days on the forums, help out a TON Literally shipped some parts for FREE to a user who just needed something simple that he had laying around and then disappear for a few weeks.

He is definitely a good guy, in spite of his communication. That said, everyone here is beating a dead horse because this nonsensical concern has been going on for 2+ years now and his sales orders keep piling up as do these prototypical threads worrying about the wait time and why they can't get ahold of Andy.

I've worked at TRS, where we deal in a lot of custom order stuff and backorders on LEDs, lenses, bulbs, etc, and trust me, changing a supplier isn't necessarily that easy. We had months go by where we couldn't get a certain projector, or one with a good enough shroud/assembly to sell, bulbs, and so on. I know it's not the same, but it gave me a lot of perspective of the mercy that retailers and business people are at with getting parts from other companies. For example, when the molds were being updated after one of the LED ring molds broke, we had to wait for the entire manufacturing process to be updated before we could even get replacement parts in. Literally 3 months for some of the earlier customers to wait for a very simple part.

To the guy who said "well, progress got me some Hyperco springs when Andy said he couldn't" No ****, because progress has piles of them sitting on the shelves for their CS-1 applications. I had to call 4 people before I found someone who had an Innovative AC bracket in stock, several places just couldn't get them for 2-3 more weeks because of Innovative being on back order. Progress has a large staff and a much larger market, longer history, etc in the suspension game and their tenure reflects that. Andy has been a 1-4 orders per year guy until the last 2-3 years where he's got 2-3 orders per month and all of this stuff is being made or machined by hand.

Tyson, I know you know your ****, and believe me I'm tired of waiting for mine, too. But again, I knew what I was getting into and having driven on the coilovers in a friends EF and ridden in a nationals winning EF, I felt good about it.

Simply put, for people running 4-5+ autocross seasons, waiting 3-5 months for a suspension setup that has a track record of performing well in your region it's not uncommon.

For the average bear? Koni/GC. If I had my suspension choices to do over again, I'd probably have skipped my Progress coilovers (GREAT COMPANY) and gotten Koni/GC at the same spring rates, then just swapped the springs out for stiffer once I got a season or two under my belt and probably never have gotten the AMR. But after my friend Brandon got his AMRs and couldn't stop talking about them I knew I had to follow suit even with the wait.

Am I saying I'm happy with Andy? No, but I wouldn't say I'm mad either. I agree with all of you that his communication should be a lot better. Even hiring a part-time person at $9/hour to touch base with customers and return phone calls would do WONDERS for his sliding reputation among hesitant or impatient customers.

Last edited by Libertariat; 08-12-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For the sake of documentation purposes, I'd like to add that tomorrow it will be officially five (5) months since my credit card has been charged.

I must say that, while my experience with Andy hasn't been the most pleasant, things have yet to escalate and I am trying to be as patient as possible.

As an attempt to keep things calm, for the time being I will refrain from sharing the details of the customer service related issues I've had. From a purely technical/upgrade-planning perspective I will say - however - that this wait time has heavily affected my AutoX plans for this season as well as the installation of key drivetrain components on my Hatch, along with alignment(s) and associated side effects. Long story short, I am going through sets of tires and running with a "less than ideal" brake setup, while waiting for what's going to bring everything together: the AMR setup.

It's been a very difficult and annoying 5 months thus far, but I am not too worried about whether not I'll receive the set, to be frank. I think Andy is a honest guy. What concerns me the most about the sub-par customer service and long wait times are thoughts of potential Warranty claims in a few years. Lets say we all get our dampers after a long wait. We open the box, drool over the build quality and finish, install them, LOVE the ride, and forget about the ordeal. A few years down the road we need to send them in for check-up/repair within Warranty. Will the company be in business? Will I be without a car for a year, while I wait for my set to get serviced? That's what worries me.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well, when your coilovers arrive, you can call him and initiate a warranty claim. that way, in 3 years when he can get to it, you will need the rebuild...

i appreciate your patience. i ceartainly do not have that kind of patience at all, and demand updates and customer service.

and i know how custom retail works. one supplier is out of the part you need - ie hyperco - you find another supplier that has it in stock, even if it is a middleman, just to get the damn thing done and make a customer happy... it happens with me all the time...
Old 08-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Cynical 1
well, when your coilovers arrive, you can call him and initiate a warranty claim. that way, in 3 years when he can get to it, you will need the rebuild...

i appreciate your patience. i ceartainly do not have that kind of patience at all, and demand updates and customer service.

and i know how custom retail works. one supplier is out of the part you need - ie hyperco - you find another supplier that has it in stock, even if it is a middleman, just to get the damn thing done and make a customer happy... it happens with me all the time...
I believe when hyperco was out of stock Andy was offering swift springs instead...
Old 08-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Still have yet to hear from AMR, but I did receive an auto response from them.

It read:

"Thank you for e-mailing us here at AMR Engineering. We are currently very overwhelmed with the amount of increased business we have received his year, and are a bit backed up. We will get back to you soon as possible. We appreciate your patience, and support! Thanks for continuing to spread the word about our services!"
Old 08-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Future Texas Boy

Originally Posted by Kaleb
Still have yet to hear from AMR, but I did receive an auto response from them.

It read:

"Thank you for e-mailing us here at AMR Engineering. We are currently very overwhelmed with the amount of increased business we have received his year, and are a bit backed up. We will get back to you soon as possible. We appreciate your patience, and support! Thanks for continuing to spread the word about our services!"
lol
Old 08-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got this email last night: (for context, in my last email I mentioned that I lost my job a few weeks ago and was hoping to sell my old suspension)

Originally Posted by Justin@AMR
Hey Adam,
My name is Justin and I am here to handle the customer service and sales here at AMR. I apologize if you have had a hard time getting a hold of us, we have had some technical issues with our internet. We are sorry to hear about what happened and know you will bounce back soon, if it hasn’t happened already. I have checked on your order with Andy and he stated that he would be working on your set the week of the 26th (August) which is only a few weeks from now. We are excited for you to put them on and we appreciate your patience. We hope you like the upgrades we have afforded you free of charge. As you know our business is word of mouth, so please let everyone know how you like them. We are also upgrading our phone system. If you have any questions you can reach me there as well at extension 1. We will provide you your tracking number once you set has been shipped.

Hope all is well and thank you. Feel free to reply to me if you have any other questions.

Justin Potts
AMR Engineering
Client Support & Sales
1-888-826-6906 ext.1
I certainly share DSMAddicted's concerns, too. If a bushing blows, shock, etc, will it take me a month to get ahold of someone to even start the warranty process?

Thankfully I've never heard of anyone having any problems, much less a shock blowing, in all the years I've been following Andy. Eric has put 3 or 4 seasons and plenty of street time on his EF over the last few years on his AMRs with zero issues. And I know most of that time his car had a co-driver, so almost twice as much autocross as a normal car.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kaleb
I believe when hyperco was out of stock Andy was offering swift springs instead...
doesn't seem to be the case with most threads about this... it just looks like he's "waiting on parts to come in"...