Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2001, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ.

thanks for reading guys.
Yesterday I came on board and noticed the the topic of a possible scam story. I am always intrested in this subject so read it accordingly. It sounded like SpoonLSVTEC was a scammer since it seem to happen to TWO fellow HT members. I then went to do a search on SpoonLSVTEC and saw he had multiple post on the CLASSIFIEDS board. I thought it was "suspicious" that someone would have so many post of things for sale. I then went to each topic and made a post warning people about a possible scam from SpoonLSVTEC. I thought I was doing the RIGHT thing by warning fellow members, because I know I would appreciate it dearly if someone did it for me if I was on the buying end.
A few minutes later I got an IM from SpoonLSVTEC to my surprise. He asked me why I was "saying these things about him?" I just told him as a member of this board .. "We gotta look out for each other, especially when its related to possible scams." He then told me it was a big misunderstanding and that he'll try to correct the problem by Monday. I told him that if it were true and he is telling the truth then I'll be more then glad to make a public apology on the board then. Again..I dont feel as though I did anything wrong on the boards. I was just looking out for fellow HT members and I would be greatful if someone did this for me. Its seems as though it has come to the cost SpoonLSVTEC's reputation and credibility.
I apologize beforehand if what you say is true...
But if this IS a scam.. then what I did was justified.
Another point to this post is that it seems "I" am made out to be a bad guy here. I did what i did to warn others.. theres no crime in that... yet some people make it out as though what I did was wrong. Am I? Yes I was passing judgement and "causing trouble" on alot of topics he made. But if it keeps others to not get ripped off... am still wrong? If SpoonLSVTEC is legit.. then I ruined his reputation by spreading all this... then that I am guilty of. But would you guys have felt better if I didnt say or do anything? I just thought I was doing the right thing in warning fellow members of a scam .. in turn I get criticized and down to 93%. If I can help out anyone from this board from getting scammed then take all the points you want....!!!

I dont want to drift off topic.. but the main reason for this post was to apologize to SpoonLSVTEC (if he is legit) I told him I would do so.. so I reached my end of the deal... Now you have till Monday to reach yours.
Old 10-20-2001, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (CRX_VTEC)

very well put
and I agree w/ what u did
hopefully it will all turn out to be that MISUNDERSTANDING
and we can get back to our car enthusiasm instead of ridicule and accusations and misinformation and lies.
Old 10-20-2001, 08:38 AM
New User

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (stick)

Excellent Post! Everyone on here isn't here to scam each other although some might be, but the majority of here are here to talk about the sport we all love and live which is cars. CRX_VTEC only posted this post to look out for other Honda-Techrs and make sure no one else was to be scammed by SpoonLSVTEC if indeed he is not a trustworthy person (which I'm dealing with right now). Of course I am somewhat biased, since he is helping me out with his post, but his post wasn't made to harm anyone, it was meant to help out everyone here, with the exception of SpoonLSVTEC for obvious reasons. I think you have done everyone here a favor and if all turns out well after all of this confusion, we will set things straight, but the point is that neither I or civiccx have what we paid for. I am out $290 and civiccx is out taillights, so what does that mean? He can't even drive his car. If I was civiccx and I couldn't drive my car, I would take a plane and visit Paul (SpoonLSVTEC) right away.
Old 10-20-2001, 08:56 AM
RJL
New User

IVE OREDED from SpoonlsVTEC. He is a good guy, i got my shift boot with 3 days after paying for it. I am also planning on buying more from him. Some of you guys are to quick to judge
Old 10-20-2001, 12:17 PM
Banned

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (Badboy01GSR)

thank you for the apology but i fear the harm has already been done.....however everything will be cleared up on monday morning.........I tryed to get a hold of someone at the post office this morning but got no response.
Old 10-20-2001, 12:35 PM
New User

I would like to point something out to all of you if I may. If SpoonLSVTEC was in fact a scammer, do you really think that he would be on here trying to defend himself? There are message boards like this one all over the internet....why would he not just move on to the next one? And also....why would I go through the effort of registering with "Honda-Tech", and taking the chance of damaging the name of my business in order to defend him? Let's be realistic here people....almost everyone on the interenet has been scammed at some point or another (including myself). I, like all of you, HATE IT!!!!! But, as you may have seen in an earlier post by B20B, he ordered AND RECEIVED over $400.00 worth of products from me in 3 days!!! He is also sending out his ECU for me to chip. If we were trying to scam people, why wouldn't we have ripped B20B off? Why would we waste time with tail lights and an intake manifold? Just some food for thought for you guys. Have a nice day.
Old 10-20-2001, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (SpoonLSVTEC)

As I've said in the ITR forum, 98 GSR blew the whistle a bit too quickly. USPS is not as fast as it used to due to the Anthrax probs and to label a member as a "scammer" was too harsh. Beside, what if the thing got lost due to USPS which is not SpoonLS's fault.

All I'm saying is, when it comes to judging someone, please be cautious. Sometimes, your quick judgement can turn ugly... and even fatal if you're unlucky.

Old 10-20-2001, 06:40 PM
New User

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (Cosworth)

This has got to be the best board on the net. I love it...
So Much Loyalty........
Old 10-20-2001, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As I've said in the ITR forum, 98 GSR blew the whistle a bit too quickly. USPS is not as fast as it used to due to the Anthrax probs and to label a member as a "scammer" was too harsh. Beside, what if the thing got lost due to USPS which is not SpoonLS's fault.

All I'm saying is, when it comes to judging someone, please be cautious. Sometimes, your quick judgement can turn ugly... and even fatal if you're unlucky.
I agree with everyword you said. But who's to say what is considered " too quickly"?? If SpoonLSVTEC was in fact a scammer ... who's to say that while we are all waiting till Monday that he isnt "raking in the money" with his other post? Not all members read every other post or every single board. The whole reason for doing what I did was to raise awareness to all members of this board. especially when dealing with money... my hard earned money. If I was about to buy something from someone who's legitimacy is in question, and members knew about it but didnt bother to mention it to me.... I'd be very disappointed to say the least. There's over 10,000 members on this board.... I didnt see anyone doing what I did. And if what I did prevented one of you guys from getting "taken" would some of you still consider me a "whistle blower"? I was in a NO WIN situation...If SpoonLSVTEC is legit... I'm will continue to be seen as "someone that jumped to conclusions" .. and come Monday.. if and when he proves he is being truthful... then I will be seen as the one who "ruined" someones reputation. I had nothing to gain from this.. yet had alot to lose... maybe not as much as SpoonLSVTEC or 98 GS-R and civiccx.. but nonetheless.
Again... this whole topic was to apologize to SpoonLSVTEC and I apologize once again. You are all a victim of circumstances. And there are alot of you that think I shouldnt have butt in.. which is what I am talking about as far as me being in a "no win" situation. But I dont really care... I just hope you guys get your stuff and SpoonLSVTEC .. I hope you are legit like you claim.. I feel as though you are... So I apologize if I caused any harm..but I wont apologize for what I did.
Old 10-20-2001, 10:05 PM
New User

Cosworth, just in case you have't already, I would be obliged if you would just take a gander over at the ITR forum and find the post about the "SCAMMER", yes I did jump the gun and say "S C A M M E R" Have fun, live long!
Old 10-20-2001, 10:07 PM
New User

It is me once again, here to flame you because what you've said really has bugged me. But oh well, just got to vent. I was just curious, about the supposed whistle that I blew? I actually don't own a whistle so I don't know where this supposed accusation is developing from? Maybe you need to visit a good local Doc. If you need help, feel free to ask me. Anytime buddy!
Old 10-20-2001, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (98 GS-R)

just to let you all know i sent a package out via usps 2-day priority and it took 9 days! and this was BEFORE the anthrax scare!

imagine if it was regular parcel post,so if somethng is taking longer than normal give it some time before panicking or giving a refund. trust me i was biting my nails until the package got there.
Old 10-21-2001, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (lucas569)

your situation is a perfect example. Your in a situation where you want to give the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time if you dont say something... who's to say 10, 20, 30 people arent getting ripped off while you sit there patiently waiting and not bothering to say anything??? Its really a catch 22... but in this case I hope the guys get what they paid for and it all ends well without any animosity on either parties.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (lucas569)

It took 10 days for 2-3 day service shipping of a BOLT from California to Philadelphia for me.

Lets make sure this thread doesnt get ugly....chill with the flames. Try and stay on topic, on this off-topic thread
Old 10-21-2001, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It is me once again, here to flame you because what you've said really has bugged me.
Peace.
Old 10-21-2001, 03:41 PM
New User

Same to you Cosworth Everyone has to speak their mind sometimes right?
Old 10-21-2001, 05:07 PM
New User

98 GS-R i think that you are the "SAMMER" in fact i know your a scammer itchbay!!!!
Old 10-21-2001, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (newgsrdriver)

It took 10 days for 2-3 day service shipping of a BOLT from California to Philadelphia for me.

Lets make sure this thread doesnt get ugly....chill with the flames. Try and stay on topic, on this off-topic thread
Like I said.. things do get caught up and things do get lost. I never said they dont. But in 98 GS-R's case... I'm sure he woundnt have minded the wait and civiccx would have been very understanding if either of them just got a tracking number. It seemed like it was just very unfortunate circumstances for both parties .. seller and buyers. Put yourself in their shoes... if something doesnt come on time.. its understandable.. but when its late with no tracking number and you dont know the person you bought it from.. its just a bad mix of coincidences that makes me lead to believe in the worst. I'm sure come monday it'll be all fixed and hopefully no one has any animosity. I want SpoonLSVTEC to know that if it were him on the buying end.. I would have done the same.

Lets make sure this thread doesnt get ugly....chill with the flames. Try and stay on topic, on this off-topic thread [/quote]

Tell that to SR20DE.....

[Modified by CRX_VTEC, 7:48 PM 10/21/2001]
Old 10-21-2001, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well.. I know that we should watch each other's back, but to ruin someone's reputation without a SOLID proof is a wrong thing.
I mean, it takes 1 minute to ruin someone's reputation and probably a lifetime to restore it.(if it is possible)..
so... before ruining anyone's name, better be careful.
like ebay say.. once you leave a feedback, you can't retract it.. hehe..
no flames...
I just think that as a seller you must know that Customer is the king... and as a buyer, don't ruin anyone's reputation before you are 110% sure that he is a scam.

Edit: and for watching each other's back.. it is a good thing.. but make sure to contact the 'suspect' 1st to clear the matters...

[Modified by PiYoImuT, 11:15 PM 10/21/2001]
Old 10-21-2001, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (PiYoImuT)

Well.. I know that we should watch each other's back, but to ruin someone's reputation without a SOLID proof is a wrong thing.
I mean, it takes 1 minute to ruin someone's reputation and probably a lifetime to restore it.(if it is possible)..
so... before ruining anyone's name, better be careful.
like ebay say.. once you leave a feedback, you can't retract it.. hehe..
no flames...
I just think that as a seller you must know that Customer is the king... and as a buyer, don't ruin anyone's reputation before you are 110% sure that he is a scam.

Edit: and for watching each other's back.. it is a good thing.. but make sure to contact the 'suspect' 1st to clear the matters...

[Modified by PiYoImuT, 11:15 PM 10/21/2001]
Yeah... but the problem with that is by the time your 110% sure.. a scammer would have ripped off thousands of more of your hard earned dollars! The problem is that we cant wait to comfirm if someone is a scammer or not..cuz by the time I do... he'd be counting YOUR money! Reputations arent made in a single day.. and their not broken in one either. if your reputaion is good to begin with... it'll take more then one accustation to ruin it.. and if it IS ruined with just a single instance.. it wasnt good in the first place.

[Modified by CRX_VTEC, 8:30 PM 10/21/2001]
Old 10-21-2001, 09:48 PM
New User

CRX_VTEC, that was put perfectly! How long is too long? That's the question. I finally took some action and made accusations and now it appears that I am having some progress, just need to wait until tomorrow to find out "the truth". Hopefully everythings turns out fine. I'm not to testy about it now, just impatient and don't like the fact knowing that what I paid for still isn't here. Oh yah, and that dumb SR20DE guy, haha, that's my buddy. Excuse his lame ***....
Old 10-21-2001, 09:50 PM
New User

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (SR20DE)

98 GS-R i think that you are the "SAMMER" in fact i know your a scammer itchbay!!!!
By the way Quat, what the hell is a "SAMMER"? Is that your term for a samurai? Learn how to spell you "lil ol itchbay"!
Old 10-21-2001, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for everyone thats ships stuff why not just use fedex or ups?
Old 10-22-2001, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (tjtruong)

This has got to be the best board on the net. I love it...
So Much Loyalty........
I agree can we have a group hug fellas? (no I'm not gay so don't start with the flames! )
Old 10-22-2001, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ. (quikrpm1)

for everyone thats ships stuff why not just use fedex or ups?
yeah.. there both really reliable and good. But the post office is just as fast and reliable. I know one or two screw ups wont keep me from using them cuz I use the myself all the time to ship stuff. Only UPS ground is cheap... but car parts are pretty heavy and post office will always save us money.. and saving money is the only reason we buy from boards like classified and such.

Quick Reply: ACCUSATIONS ON SPOONLSVTEC..PLEASE READ.