Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 04:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY!

HC guys PLEASE ONLY!!!

I'd like to know who I'm racing with.....
Old 05-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (chad)

No Contact*
Old 05-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Rather OG

No contact, except when racing the tank
Old 05-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (AndyHope)

no scratches on super mecca nemo
Old 05-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (myke)

No contact if it can be avoided.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

One of the MAIN reasons why I chose Honda-Challenge as oppose to Spec Miata or SCCA IT is " lack of contact". I have heard horror stories of SCCA (only hearsay, I haven't experienced any first hand contact). Initially, with the 13/13 rule in HC, I started to build my car. When the rule was taken away, I got a little nervous. Now with what I hear about the WCHC I am somewhat aprehensive.

However. I will race and I will race hard. I will do my best to avoid contact, but I am comfortable with the knowledge that contact will happen. If I see a car faster than me, I will do my best to stay in front of him, but if there is a difference between a placing and contact, I will lose the place. ECHC is a hobby and contact would make the hobby not fun.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont want any contact.
But i have gotten hit 4 times in less than a year in HC.

To contact
To HC
Old 05-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (ITAIntegraLS)

Don't really want any contact except to say "hello"
Old 05-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (prkiller)

I'll let someone know I'm there.. But it will be Gentle, I promise..

Easy now Franza, I think they made less of the preludes than they did Tegs... My body parts are REALLY hard to find..
Old 05-12-2004, 09:01 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (Honda318dx)

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and RUBBIN SON, IS RACING!!!"
Old 05-13-2004, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (JDMDA9)

no contact, ie: no rubbing, I don't want any STD's.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't even want bump drafting then just stay at home you little girl. If you are in H1 or H2 and in my damn way you are getting bump drafted if I can't pass you. Feel free to cry about online since I don't care. I wish I could afford to race with you guys more often but I am glad that when I raced HC there were not so many whiners. Thumbs up to the guys I bump drafted and bump drafted me.

Chris
Old 05-13-2004, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (chrisb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrisb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you don't even want bump drafting then just stay at home you little girl. If you are in H1 or H2 and in my damn way you are getting bump drafted if I can't pass you. Feel free to cry about online since I don't care. I wish I could afford to race with you guys more often but I am glad that when I raced HC there were not so many whiners. Thumbs up to the guys I bump drafted and bump drafted me.

Chris</TD></TR></TABLE> You should stick to spec miata or if you haven't raced with them, pick up an application and a can of bondo.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (vapor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vapor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> You should stick to spec miata or if you haven't raced with them, pick up an application and a can
of bondo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Chris has raced with us, and quite well I might add........he can take it and give it, if need be...........good hard racing, no intentions.....
Old 05-13-2004, 03:41 AM
New User

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (Maxx44)

if you are worried about messing up your pretty car in racing you have 2 options:

1. build the biggest baddest car out there and stay out front
2. take up ballet instead

frankly don't put me on a track with timid drivers who are scared of getting in trouble for a little rubbing, I can just pay the money for an HPDE

Corey has hit me multiple times as far as bump drafting, and I know he has thought about giving me a donut for **** n' giggles, as I have of him, anyone who would complain about that is a *****
Old 05-13-2004, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (speedracer33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedracer33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No contact if it can be avoided.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my feeling exactly! with the small exception of "requested bumpdrafting". "requested bumpdrafting" goes something like this: you come up behind, oh, lets say, Warren driving Morgan's car, exiting turn 10 at summit. you pull up right behind his rear bumper, oh, about 2 inches from touching it, lined up squarely. Warren begins madly waving the universal signal for "push me faster, ****" (right hand held up inside the car, pointing forward and waving on). Put nose of H1 car on H4 car's rear bumper, and drop the hammer. bump down the straightaway about 8-10 times, being sure to back off before the brake zone!!!

thats about the only instance of "intentional" contact i ever want to see or be involved in!

todd reid
#11 H1 ECHC
Old 05-13-2004, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (chrisb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrisb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you don't even want bump drafting then just stay at home you little girl.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are aware that stupid comments like this is why the first thread was locked. All it does is insight other people to fight with you. When I see Michael Schumaker bump draft Rubens Barrichello down the front straight at Spa, I'll agree that bump drafting is just a part of racing.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you are in H1 or H2 and in my damn way you are getting bump drafted if I can't pass you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see, so if you don't have the skills to take the pass, smash into the back of them. Good strategy!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Feel free to cry about online since I don't care.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow. So now you don't care about the opinions and preferences of the people that you share the track with either? Well Chris I must say that for the first time I'm actually glad you aren't racing with us anymore. Not caring about the other racers is entirely unacceptable.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wish I could afford to race with you guys more often but I am glad that when I raced HC there were not so many whiners. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Again, wow. I'm not going into details, but I most certainly remember one occasion that you weren't so gallant about being hit from behind in a race....

Look at the poll results, you are in the minority my friend. The vast majority of us think that the best racing is when a car passes another car CLEAN. That is skill. That is what I think HC should be all about. Races like the one I had with Whittaker a couple years back when we kept swapping places, and came into turn 1 at Summit side by side on about 5 consecutive laps - without ever even brushing against each other. THAT is what I respect, and that is what we should be striving for.

Matt
Old 05-13-2004, 06:49 AM
.RJ

*ahem*

?
Old 05-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Wrong-Way Wang

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (.RJ)

Why would you lock this thread? It's a valid discussion. So what if it's a little heated.

Todd, thanks for the bump draft

Warren
Old 05-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No Contact!

Kiwi

Special Projects Motor Sports
Old 05-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank god for taiwan parts. There light and very chep.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedracer33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When I see Michael Schumaker bump draft Rubens Barrichello down the front straight at Spa, I'll agree that bump drafting is just a part of racing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Apples and Oranges. Formula cars rely on downforce for their speed and are fragile, therefore they cannot bump draft. Heavy production based cars can bump draft effectively.

I don't get it. Both cars benefit from bump drafting, why would you not want to take advantage of it?

We used to bump draft regularly in SRX-7. Nobody ever got any damage, nobody ever got mad, and everybody had a good time.

Bump drafting != punting
Old 05-13-2004, 09:23 AM

How to phrase this? It's gonna sound like a prevention of sexual harrassment lecture. Well, here goes.

No <U>intentional</U> contact unless it's <U>consensual</U> contact.

If folks agree beforehand, or by signs during the race, to bump-draft, that's fine with me. I probably won't myself, but that's just my choice.

If someone bumps me while we're racing clean, but something unexpected happens to cause the contact, we can talk about it and try to figure how to avoid it next time. If one of us really screwed up, a protest may be appropriate, just to get all the facts straight, and as a lesson for the one at fault.

If I think someone intentionally hit me, we start with a protest and escalate from there, depending on the severity of the incident.

No matter the rules, or the organization, it's the drivers who decide how rough the racing will be. If folks are driving rough and not being punished, why should they stop? If you don't like it, protest their asses, talk to the organizers, raise hell. Swapping stories on a chat board doesn't do anything but make everyone mad.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:35 AM

I would go with, between no contact and a little bump. Bump (and not wreck/get sideways ect) only if the person is ablivious to the fact that you are there.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY! (Warren)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Warren &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why would you lock this thread? It's a valid discussion. So what if it's a little heated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My thoughts exactly. It isn't off topic, and it is something that is worth talking about!

Quick Reply: Contact in W2W HC RACERS ONLY!