Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Is that a EJ1 Lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is that a EJ1 Lol

Hey guys and ladies, i have this project car 1995 ej1 and my exterior is really ****ed up. so far i sand and bondo almost everything. So the big question is what color i should paint it? i am planning to rattle can it or the paint roller trick!! lol which other trick is there to paint the car and what color should i go if i rattle can it? lol Any opinion I welcome. Btw guys and ladies i like to do it myself!! ahaha Show me some pics if you would.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Is that a EJ1 Lol

Originally Posted by 95civic_ej
Hey guys and ladies, i have this project car 1995 ej1 and my exterior is really ****ed up. so far i sand and bondo almost everything. So the big question is what color i should paint it? i am planning to rattle can it or the paint roller trick!! lol which other trick is there to paint the car and what color should i go if i rattle can it? lol Any opinion I welcome. Btw guys and ladies i like to do it myself!! ahaha Show me some pics if you would.
please sell the car and buy a bike you sound like a dumbass
Old 12-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Wrona
please sell the car and buy a bike you sound like a dumbass
Instead of making ridiculous comments like a loser, Please be real about this and stick to my original post. and if you think if i am doing something wrong advise me. My grammar may suck but at least im trying to be positive not like you putting people down. retard.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you care about your car, do not let rustoleum or spray lacquer touch it. Get it painted with some real urethane (and your sanding and bondo isn't a great idea unless you plan on blocking a shitload of primer as well).

Hell, go buy a HF spraygun, rent a compressor and use a mask. Some cheap single stage paint is better than spraycan garbage.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol yeah that is another good way too. and thanks ima consider that too. well i also got it all primer out too forgot to mention that lol

Originally Posted by joeshmo
If you care about your car, do not let rustoleum or spray lacquer touch it. Get it painted with some real urethane (and your sanding and bondo isn't a great idea unless you plan on blocking a shitload of primer as well).

Hell, go buy a HF spraygun, rent a compressor and use a mask. Some cheap single stage paint is better than spraycan garbage.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok first off loser wow you're cool bro... post a thread with a normal name at least "is that a EJ1 lol" wtf is that even suppose to mean post something that will make sense the only reason I'm bashing on you is because you posted something so stupid it boggles the mind.

Second off.

cars have been painted for years now if you would of done a bit of research and actually used the materials that are on this forum you would learn how to paint with in days... why did i say sell your car because you sound like this to me " hey y0 imma rattle can my car because im hellA maD tYt3 JDM y0 EJ Goes VTEC LOLOLOLOOLOOLOL!!" Do it right the first time and have a nice outcome

Go to harbor freight
Get bondo
get sand paper
a palm sander
and 3 spray guns (1 for primer, 1 for paint, 1 for clear)
get a water seperator for a compressor
you can even pick up a compressor for 50 bucks

go to
a paint store

get whatever color you would like your car to be
get 160/200 grit 400 600 800 1500 2000 grit papers
Primer about same amount as paint maybe 1/3 less
Masking tape
Trashbags
Clear coat

put your car in a ventelated garage there was a guy on here that built a makeshift paintbooth out of cardboard trashbags and wood with 3 fans ventalating it all outside

prep your car for paint all your dings circle with a marker sand them to bare metal put bondo and filler in them let them dry for 24 hours sand them down the next day
now that your car is sanded you clean it up with nicely shoot it with primer make sure to tape everything off take headlights out shoot primer 2 coats wet sand it and shoot paint after 24-48 hours than let it sit for another day or 2 and shoot clear let the car sit wait a week or 2 after shooting clear wet sand it with like 1500-2000 and buff it and it will look great

takes time and money but better to spend 300 dollars on a home made paintjob and learn the skill for later than pay 2000 or take it to macco so it can peel if you dont want to paint it yourself

prep the car yourself primer it wetsand it and take it to a shop and it'll cost you maybe 400 dollars to spray clear and paint
Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

all i can do is SMH -_____- FACEPALM*
Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Instead of making ridiculous comments like a loser, Please be real about this and stick to my original post. and if you think if i am doing something wrong advise me. My grammar may suck but at least im trying to be positive not like you putting people down. retard.
nice contradictions lol.

Ok first off loser wow you're cool bro... post a thread with a normal name at least "is that a EJ1 lol" wtf is that even suppose to mean post something that will make sense the only reason I'm bashing on you is because you posted something so stupid it boggles the mind.
you mad.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol i really appreciate your comment this time it actual gave me a better idea on how to do this. i wasn't trying to offend anyone on this forum i really enjoy using it. i am sorry and btw the reason i put this title "Is that a EJ1 Lol" is because i am bound to pull people attention to read my thread and give me ideas. it work on you didnt it. well thanks.

Second off.

cars have been painted for years now if you would of done a bit of research and actually used the materials that are on this forum you would learn how to paint with in days... why did i say sell your car because you sound like this to me " hey y0 imma rattle can my car because im hellA maD tYt3 JDM y0 EJ Goes VTEC LOLOLOLOOLOOLOL!!" Do it right the first time and have a nice outcome

Go to harbor freight
Get bondo
get sand paper
a palm sander
and 3 spray guns (1 for primer, 1 for paint, 1 for clear)
get a water seperator for a compressor
you can even pick up a compressor for 50 bucks

go to
a paint store

get whatever color you would like your car to be
get 160/200 grit 400 600 800 1500 2000 grit papers
Primer about same amount as paint maybe 1/3 less
Masking tape
Trashbags
Clear coat

put your car in a ventelated garage there was a guy on here that built a makeshift paintbooth out of cardboard trashbags and wood with 3 fans ventalating it all outside

prep your car for paint all your dings circle with a marker sand them to bare metal put bondo and filler in them let them dry for 24 hours sand them down the next day
now that your car is sanded you clean it up with nicely shoot it with primer make sure to tape everything off take headlights out shoot primer 2 coats wet sand it and shoot paint after 24-48 hours than let it sit for another day or 2 and shoot clear let the car sit wait a week or 2 after shooting clear wet sand it with like 1500-2000 and buff it and it will look great

takes time and money but better to spend 300 dollars on a home made paintjob and learn the skill for later than pay 2000 or take it to macco so it can peel if you dont want to paint it yourself

prep the car yourself primer it wetsand it and take it to a shop and it'll cost you maybe 400 dollars to spray clear and paint
Old 12-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol thanks man.
Originally Posted by EE2bitsk
nice contradictions lol.

you mad.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol i really appreciate your comment this time it actual gave me a better idea on how to do this. i wasn't trying to offend anyone on this forum i really enjoy using it. i am sorry and btw the reason i put this title "Is that a EJ1 Lol" is because i am bound to pull people attention to read my thread and give me ideas. it work on you didnt it. well thanks.
no problem i just get a bit frustrated about these people that think honda's are cheap to work on true in some cases but not really you can practice on like a spare fender froma junkyard with the way i described in my previous post and get better at it you can get a 2000 dollar paint job for 200 dollars if you do it right save y our time instead of using lots of bondo on like holes or rust cut it out weld a new piece on you can rent a welder cheap get some sheet metal or if you need a quarter panel you can pick them up for 45 bucks on ebay

take your time wetsand make sure you get all dings and spray it you can even spray it in your garage just make sure you vent itt and it doesnt have debris flying around

its not legal nor suggested but my friend has painted a few of his cars in a storage unit get one month free on sign up thing
Old 12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have seen some really nice rattle can jobs. As long as the body it straight and body lines are correct, you can pull off a cheap paintjob.