Notices
Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

1998 CR-V EX: clicking noise when making a u-turn from the front and blower motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 CR-V EX: clicking noise when making a u-turn from the front and blower motor

these problems are non-life threatening but it gets annoying if i don't find answers.

1. any other cr-v owners experience this? only when making a u-turn will it click and sort of shake the car a bit. i read somewhere that AWD cr-v has lsd and because both front axles spin at the same time, when you make a u-turn or make a tight turn, the axles will make that clicking noise. is this true?

2. don't you guys think the cr-v blower is rather weak? when i have the ac turn on full blast, i go to the back seat, i can barely, and i mean barely, feel the air being pushed towards me. driver and front passenger seats are fine because i'm right in front of the vents.
i do notice that when i open up the glove compartment, the sound from the blower is really loud. it triples in decibels. i thought it might be leaking air behind the dash but i ran my hand down under and across the dash and felt nothing. is it just my cr-v? or are other experiencing the same problems with the cr-v.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:03 PM
In a Junkyard near you.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 1998 CR-V EX: clicking noise when making a u-turn from the front and blower motor (wilwok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wilwok &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">these problems are non-life threatening but it gets annoying if i don't find answers.

1. any other cr-v owners experience this? only when making a u-turn will it click and sort of shake the car a bit. i read somewhere that AWD cr-v has lsd and because both front axles spin at the same time, when you make a u-turn or make a tight turn, the axles will make that clicking noise. is this true?

2. don't you guys think the cr-v blower is rather weak? when i have the ac turn on full blast, i go to the back seat, i can barely, and i mean barely, feel the air being pushed towards me. driver and front passenger seats are fine because i'm right in front of the vents.
i do notice that when i open up the glove compartment, the sound from the blower is really loud. it triples in decibels. i thought it might be leaking air behind the dash but i ran my hand down under and across the dash and felt nothing. is it just my cr-v? or are other experiencing the same problems with the cr-v.</TD></TR></TABLE>

#1 you need to change the fluid in your rear end (dual pump fluid)
#2 you probably need to change your a/c filters.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:34 PM

on my moms cr-v when u make a u-turn the rearend makes a squealing sound.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:12 PM
In a Junkyard near you.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 1998 CR-V EX: clicking noise when making a u-turn from the front and blower motor (MooGoCow3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MooGoCow3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">#1 you need to change the fluid in your rear end (dual pump fluid)</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1998 CR-V EX: clicking noise when making a u-turn from the front and blower motor (MooGoCow3)

As MooGoCow mentioned, change the rear diff fluid using either dual-pump fluid OR Honda CVT fluid, common problem for CRVs
Old 09-16-2006, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1998 CR-V EX: clicking noise when making a u-turn from the front and blower motor (wilwok)

make sure the clicking isn't coming from you front axles either...

also, my a/c was the same, and i changed the a/c filter behind the glove compartment and it blows now! good i meant...it blows good
Old 09-20-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re: 1998 CR-V EX: clicking noise when making a u-turn from the front and blower motor (CLICC916)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CLICC916 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">make sure the clicking isn't coming from you front axles either...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, i forgot to mention this in the original post, but the sound is clicking from the front axles, not the rear. i've recently checked the outer tie rods and the one on the driver side seems loose where it connects to either the knuckle. i am able to rock it back and forth. however, the castle nut is tight. could it be a busted rack or the outer tie rod that is making that noise?

clicc916, what does it mean if it's clicking from the front? new axles?

thanks for the help guys.