Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

Meets in Tacoma???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meets in Tacoma???

Lets figure this out people. We need another place to meet other than KK. The area is huge and there has to be a place big enough to support more people. Anybody got any suggestions?
Old 03-31-2008, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Meets in Tacoma??? (IrregularRice)

good idea.....how bout puyallup valley sports center hers the link
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=...&z=18
its a pretty big parking lot

Modified by animoEG at 7:03 AM 4/1/2008
Old 03-31-2008, 10:05 PM

im always down to meet new people
Old 04-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Meets in Tacoma??? (animoEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by animoEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good idea.....how bout puyallup valley sports center</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds good

ive never been there though. you gotta pay to park? or is it just a recreation area parking lot?

lets see who we can get to come.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:12 PM

id be down to meet up with u guys. as long as its not too late at night lol.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:01 PM

the parking is actually free......the parking in the back has enough room to accommodate everyone
Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 PM

how about this weekend or next weekend? sometime soon?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nw13)

Im thinking we should shoot for the not this weekend, but the weekend after on saturday. I'm thinking we'll do it around 2:00 PM till like 4:00pm. that gives us more time to organise. so start sending the invites. i know i can get at least 10. start spreading the news.

Im thinking any ride goes. as long as its got something done to it. cuz mine has the stock engine with no upgrades yet. but ive been working on the over-all look of the car alot. i'm putting an exhaust on it tomorrow so at least it will sound ok.

I have an idea for a future event. It will be a smaller group of people but definetly a good time. i'll hold off on that for now though.

let me know what you think.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IrregularRice)

I guess i could start the list of who wants to come.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How far is this from kk, can you be there in the middle of the night? just go to kk and tell everyone to follow. they will of go to kent. it may take a couple months to change over. and secondley why do people still go to kent from tacoma. id like to start seeing people race at the port again and on the highway right there. the speed bumps and **** in kent are getting old.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (140sx)

good question. I'll have to look into that.

by the way racing is for the track. thats part of what we are trying to change. us tuners have gotten a bad rep from racing in the streets. so we do these little meets to show of our rides, and if we want to race we do it on the track. how often do you see the muscle car guys burning up the city streets? never, thats cuz it brings too much attention from the cops. so they race at the track, now people look at them with envy. it's a beautiful thing.

So are you down or what?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you must be new to how this area works. Not all people go there just to show there cars. no one is going to meet in the middle of the day. and you can not be so sterotypical of the types of cars people drive. I race on the track, and il race on the highway like many do...
Old 04-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (140sx)

ok this is a little off subject, but how often do you see muscle cars racing in the street? no i'm not new to how the area works. what i am new to is the tuner scene. i grew up with muscle cars and big trucks. both city and country driving. I'm just trying to help create a little scene of, lets call them responsible tuners. I'm not the only one who feels this way though. I just think it's a good idea and thats one of the reasons im trying to get this thing together. so that i can weed out the ones that want to keep the cops pulling us over just because we drive imports that make a little noise. I mean, if you like getting pulled over all the time by all means keep racing in the street. but if you love cars, and want to come enjoy a gathering of nice rides then stop by.

i think the middle of the day would be a great time, because afterword everybody can go to the track and continue to have a good time.

for everyone else, it wont just be imports that come to this thing. some of my buddies here drive trucks and muscle cars too. so pass the word.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:28 PM

I totally agree with you IrregularRice the less attention drawn to you the better I was part of a huge car club when I lived in Hawaii (I-Club) and let me tell you when you have over 50 Subaru's driving downtown Honolulu and the cops don't pay any attention to you thats good. I don't currently have a Honda (still looking) but would be down to meet up with some peeps.. And our motto was keep it on the track if we had a meet and you acted stupid you were told in not so many words to go the [freak] home and don't come back if you wanna race go to the track or auto-x. I tracked my STI every chance I got and it's more fun on the track doing a full road course with 7-8 cars on the track then street racing some people have families at home and are into imports because we like what they are all about not going out and acting like a idiot and I don't want people on the street putting my family in danger..Do you guys ever have install days?? Thats a way for us to meet each other get a few guys that have some parts to install, get somebody that has some garage space and install some parts and for those that don't have anything to install they can come out and meet others..Worked before I used to have them at my house and when my house is finished in June I'd be down once I get **** set up..
Old 04-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LUNNZZ)

Thats what im talking about LUNNZZ. My goal in all this is to create a large group of people with a common intrest in cars and racing, that realise that 500 speeding tickets does not make you cool. It makes you broke. and if i need help with an install on my car i can get the help i need, or vice versa. Im pretty good at visuals and im a mechanic/welder. What do you drive anyway? You down for the mid-day meet?
Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 PM

I just moved back up here in November and am looking for a car/project got a bone stock 05 TSX that I was gonna mod but decided not to. I had a Turbo'd 99 SI that I bought right before I moved here but I had to sell it and the PO was a idiot I spent a few weeks cleaning up his mess and only snapped pics of it the day I got it home..It was a wreck it had been sitting for 2yrs and after a few weeks I got it running he had vacumn lines going to the wrong place, bad fuel pump, fouled plugs and the list goes on..

Another project I wish I never would have gotten rid of..So don't ask..

Heres another one..Yes I am a Suby guy by heart

I go into work at 3pm so really my only free time is before that and weekends when the wife dose'nt have plans already but when my house is done I'd hold a install party
if poeple were down to drive out to Yelm..
Old 04-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so you rockin the civic or the suby? doesnt make a diference to me. i like em both.

the only time i'm able to go to meets is on the weekends. thats why im saying saturday. cant wait for the install party. sounds good.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:13 PM

Well I have neither now I sold the STI to a buddy when I left Hawaii and I moved here on short notice so the Civic had to go I got a TSX now looking for a EG or EK even a CRX if the condition of it is right..
Old 04-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'll see what i can find for you. i know where there is another prelude that i couldve kicked myself in the nuts over.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:41 PM

I am wanting to pick up a hatch or a CRX and do a K20/6spd swap..I found a clean bone stock CRX just waiting to hear back from the guy. Still willing to meet up if something is setup for a weekend.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:09 PM

k20 swap in a crx would be beautiful...i would love to be a part of that build haha
Old 04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nw13)

nw13, Have you helped spread the word? i really want to get alot of people out there.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyway guys im logging off for the night. Spread the word. Next weekend, saturday (weather permiting) 2:00 PM till 4:00 pm. yes it's a mid-day meet but that lets you make it to your parties or to the strip and still have a good time all day.

peace
Old 04-03-2008, 11:23 PM

A K20 swap would be a long way down the road lot of planning I first have to find the right car..
Old 04-04-2008, 12:56 PM

true but im still a big fan of ls/v

Quick Reply: Meets in Tacoma???