Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

LS V?

Old 07-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS V?

Ok so I got a B18a1 in the EF right now and jus bought a 99 GSR head looking to go LS V. So here is the question where is a good shop that can do the swap for a reasonable price. I cant wrench well so want it done right I got a # to a shop in Vancouver called "City Racing Motor Sports". But dont much about em called them seems pretty legit but 1200 is alot to throw down with little info and I live no where around there.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS V?

dude honestly dont let somebody else build your motor!

so many scandolous people out there will steal some of your parts and swap it in and you will never know it.

YOUR better off doing it yourself, so when somethings goes wrong you know how to fix it. Read the DO IT YOURSELF threads on honda-tech on how to do this. It will be all worth it once you get it done.

throwing a GSR head should not cost 1,200 to do. YOU CAN BUY an entire GSR swap for that much. And you will have 1 more hp/torque and have oil squirters and not have to worry about leaking problems and over-heating problems from doing a LS-V.

but if you really wanna get your swap done, PM me your number my friend can get the swap done in less than a day, you can sit there and watch. ill pm you price.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MONTE EF
Ok so I got a B18a1 in the EF right now and jus bought a 99 GSR head looking to go LS V. So here is the question where is a good shop that can do the swap for a reasonable price. I cant wrench well so want it done right I got a # to a shop in Vancouver called "City Racing Motor Sports". But dont much about em called them seems pretty legit but 1200 is alot to throw down with little info and I live no where around there.
speedfactory is the best honda shop in the nw by alot....you will need a few items besides the head if you wanna go lsvtec.... a vtec ecu,oil feed line,gsr headbolts,etc etc...not to mention you will need to wire in the vtec solenoid and pressure switch as well....im fairly certain you can get it all done for less then 1200 too...
Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The 1200 to clear up wasnt jus to install the head I should have stated that. The 1200 was to do the install also with the ECU harness ect.. but Also a new clutch and base tune but I have the head injectors and valves I was having a prob sourcing the parts so I was gonna go to a shop have them source and i would pay for em. everyone I kept trying to go to for parts was shady and im kinda hesitant cause i have had **** jaked before.

But I really would love to do the swap myself I jus dont got the time to have the car out of order that long. its my daily so dont got time to learn it on this car . And SF quoted me 1k for the build.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I have had some work done by forged they do good work!! And they are good people. check out there site www.trackforged.com
Old 07-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Evan at 360 imports. Alot of people will agree. 360·574·8880
Old 07-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

putting a gs-r head on a high mileage b18a with out putting new bearing and rings in, it can get nasty. when all the bearing clearance are already loose compare to honda spec from the high mileage normal LS driving. and now you want to put a vtec head with already out of spec bearing clearance. With the Vtec head swap now you can to rev up to 8. with in a few weeks or may be even less your gonna end up with a rod knock. A tired out ls block wont last long with a vtec head swap revving to 8k.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with that^^ If you want that motor to last, I'd save up the money and rebuild the block first to make sure it can handle the extra power. That's the first mistake most people make when going ls/v
Old 07-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea Evan is what I keep getting told need to call him. I will also try and find bearings and rings I guess even though I wont be **** rodding on it lol guess better safe then sorry.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MONTE EF
Yea Evan is what I keep getting told need to call him. I will also try and find bearings and rings I guess even though I wont be **** rodding on it lol guess better safe then sorry.
you should invest into a set of arp rod bolts...the stockers tend to stretch once you start spinning the motor hard...thats what causes the rod knock