Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Wiring Woes

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Woes

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I'm as dumb as a bag of hammers so bare with me. I recently bought a '99 Civic coupe, D16y8 with a 5 speed, yadayadayada. The rods went ejecto seato so I got it for a steal. It came with a seperate D16y8 and 5 speed to swap in, and I'm in the process of putting that motor in the car to replace the dud. I'm starting with the wiring, and I got the battery and the ecu out, but I'm struggling with one part. There seems to be a boot in-between the firewall and passenger side footwell, where the harness would be pulled through to the engine. I can't get it out, and the harness won't budge. I got the outer boot that is below the fuse box off, and the plastic cover on the inside portion out. I know I probably don't make any sense, I'm trying my best haha.

The inner boot that im struggling with
This is my first time pulling an engine and my first real project car. If anyone can give me some tips with removing this boot or pulling the motor, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks