Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

I just wrote a long winded message but excluded the fact that I reside on the south shore of western Nassau county, Oceanside, NY.

if anyone needs any info or helpful hints on anything thing as it relates to these vehicles, I have been there and done it all, send me a PM and I will typically have the answer.

Originally Posted by j444rose
I own a 1996 civic DX, as my kids refer to it as the DX meaning doo doo xtreme...I have owned this vehicle since 2007, making me the owner for 9 years, 5 speed stick, manual steering, crank windows and no power locks, not even a tach, but did install one soon after I bought it, installed a Scan Gauge years ago to monitor fuel mileage and other functions and typically get about 32mpg combined and near 50 on the hwy. Car has about 170k miles and still going strong. the interior of this car looks brand new in fact I just changed the drivers seat fabric yesterday because it developed a rip in the seam, amazingly, I ordered this expensive item from bernardy Honda, labeled as vintage parts and entered my vin and they sent the exact pattern as the car, I was so pleased, I have never seen my pattern...over the years I have kept on everything from exhaust replacements, to suspension, steering, clutch and even had to replace the cluster a few years ago because the speedo stopped working...many things I cant even remember, but I will say this, I will only get rid of this car when the chassis breaks in half...I came here today because I was fed up with the climate control system operating backwards from day one and I found some info, and built on it and posted the detailed fix on every Honda civic forum. Thanks for allowing me in so swiftly happy motoring!
ps: my car is completely stock and unmolested in any shape fashion or form and still drives perfectly...

Last edited by TomCat39; 05-27-2016 at 06:07 AM. Reason: One thread per introduction, saved other post before thread deletion.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: New member

Welcome to the site, great to have a new member with such an advanced knowledge! Hope you stick around and find this forum useful as well.