Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

New introduction

Old 07-14-2018, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New introduction

Hello , I've never really been a thread guy. But I recently got into Hondas about 2 years ago traded my 1982 C10 pick up truck for a 1997 Honda Civic Ej8 . It was silver with a carbon fiber hood, had Steelies, eBay suspension, had a DC sports header, skunk2 midpipe , and a greddy Evo 2 cat back . It was a stock D16Y8...Thought it was the fastest thing ever. I traded for it cause my daughter was coming into his world soon and I couldn't afford a vehicle with a back seat. A friend of mine came to me with this car and I decided to trade. The clutch slipped like hell until I decided to buy a new one, never really worked on a vehicle much. But got that issue fixed , Met alot of people in my home town that had been into the car scene. But one person I met showed me the ropes . He runs a shop called Southernohiohondagarage here in Ohio. His name is J.p Zornes , around here we call him the Honda Guru. Well to cut to the chase , he had a bswap come Into his shop. I had been looking for a way to make my car faster without going turbo.

This is the 1997 Honda Civic Ex I traded for

Stock d16y8 motor ..

The garage..
The swap was a jdm low comp b20b , ls trans , p75 chipped ecu...You know the rest .Axles ect.

Pulling the Dseries Drop out .

Out with the D , in with the B
Got the car together , everything was great. It was a completely different car .

Again I thought it was the fastest car ever lol
🤘😅

Had the motor swap done around January 2017 , Going to work one day April 13th the day before my birthday I had been ran off the road ..Hit a ditch flipped the car 2 times in mid air..I wasn't hurt. But the car was totaled .
It hurt my pride I loved the car ...I was very attached..

That same day we pulled the dropout and sold everything possible.

Ended up trading a truck for this 1988 crx from J.p
It didn't have a motor but I ended up buying a d16y8 motor from a local guy for $75

It was a great deal ...

They said we couldn't swap the motor into the crx

They said wrong ..

2 days later it was in and we was heading to Import Face off in Hebron Ohio...hadn't even drove the car yet...I Still went ...

It drove great there and back

My buddy Dave painted me a valve cover
the car ran great never really had issues ...

Almost at the beginning of this year 2018 I ended up getting me a 1993 Honda Civic Ej1 ...
Had a b18b swap , gsr trans...No 3rd gear lol...

Ended up selling the crx for $500 to a friend..

Had the Ej1 for a good while got my tax $ and traded it with cash for a 2000 Honda Civic Ex ...
But this wasn't the ordinary civic most people thought it was...no..

It had a b20vtec engine..

B20z2 bottom end with stock rods, itr rep pistons, arp headstuds , arp rod bolts, golden eagle LSV kit ..
B16 cylinder head, b16 transmission...
Tuned on Neptune.
Made 189 hp 142 tq...on 93 pump gas.
on the Dyno it was tuned on..
But on others it made 224hp...

I started drag racing at a track for the first time..
1/8 mile...never got a time slip but I've attended the last 2 events known as FWD Friday ...Held at a local track KD Dragway ..
I've won both events... Against 400hp turbo cars and so on...
I'm planning on rebuilding the motor ..to get a little more power...

This was my introduction..
My name is Brandon Coffey and I'm Part of Southernohiohondagarage .

Follow us on Instagram ..

www.instagram.com/Southernohiohondagarage

Import Face off 2018

Last night June 13th 2018...

​​​​
Old 07-15-2018, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New introduction

Man it’s hard to find a good group of guys to hang and chill with, especially when you’re older and move around to a new area.

Your civic looks clean man.

I will definitely check you guys out on insta.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New introduction

Originally Posted by Cowboy_B_Hop
Man it’s hard to find a good group of guys to hang and chill with, especially when you’re older and move around to a new area.

Your civic looks clean man.

I will definitely check you guys out on insta.
Thank you so much! And I totally agree, most younger people don't see it . The people I've met have became my family .