Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

New Car Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 08:21 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car Owner

I currently reside in San Antonio Texas and purchased a 2008 Honda Accord from an associate of mine for only $1300. My legal situations have made it hard for me to have get new tags, inspection, insurance, etc and have the car running legit(legally). It has been a slow, trying process, but that's when it's good to know some people in "low places". I now have everything except the insurance, due to being told I need to file something called an SR22. I don't have a valid driver's license, due to previous unpaid driving tickets not allowing me to renew it. It has been expired since 2011, so iibelieve that even once the ticket warrants are lifted, I will be required to take the driving test all over aagain. Not to mention, Idon't even know if the tickets are still present, for I wrote ketters to the respective precincts requesting time served for all my tickets. I'm kinda everywhere with this, but I'm excited, in that this is my first car since I've gotten out of my addiction and it means a lot to me. My being able to spend(let alone "have") money on a car versus thinking about blowing it on drugs is a huge milestone for me. Im an only child, raised in a single parent home, so there wasnt any mehanical knowledge being passed around, especially not from my mother.Therefore the minor issues I'm having with my vehicle, feel like major issues to me. So in advance, I'm going to ask that y'all forgive me if my questions seem elementary, but I'm really starting from the bottom with all of this. thanks for allowing me to be a part of y'all's forum/group.

This is my baby. Can u believe I got it for only $1300 with the only thing wrong(at the time) being by driver side door panel doing strange things. Hence, my driver side window not being able to go down, etc...

This paper marked the start of my new life. I am putting this in my photo album
Old 12-07-2018, 08:35 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: New Car Owner

Congrats on the milestone. Make sure you read forum rules for posting and stuff like that or else people will chew you up. Happy searching!
Old 12-07-2018, 12:23 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: New Car Owner

Grats!

Nice pickup, keep up the good work staying sober