Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Long time gone, looking to get back in the game.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long time gone, looking to get back in the game.

Hey everyone.

I've been out of the Honda scene for a long time, about 15 years or so. I have a 95 vx with a CRVtec that's been sitting in my garage for over a decade now that I'm looking to get back on the road. Went to a car show about a month ago and things have changed a lot. The K motors look pretty damn good, those didn't really exist back in the day. The local shop I used to go to has since closed so I've been trying to find some locals who are in the know. The scene here has died off big time. I'm currently looking for a donor car on the cheap so I can swap the engine into my hatch every two years to get it smogged (CA sucks) and back on the road. Not really in any big hurry but I'm inspired again.

I was thinking about looking into saving for a K24 setup but looks like you have to remove the passenger side mount to install it so that would prevent just throwing a smogger engine in when tags are due right? Anyway, I'm reborn into the Honda world now. It's going to take a while to pour over all the new info on this site and others, we didn't really have the internet as a great source of info back in the day either. Thanks and take care everyone.