Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Hello Honda world!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Honda world!

Hey guys wanted to say nice to meet you all big time lurker

I started daily driving a 1999 Acura El with a stick after my previous vehicle a 1993 toyota celica had too many issues and my wallet wasn't deep enough...

Some questions to start me off,
I have read alot about the various things I can do and most likely shouldn't. to start I have installed a fleabay muffler and intake, primarily for the sound so I can understand the ride more (I'm still somewhat a newbie with knowing my rpm based on exhaust)
I plan to install some lowering springs eventually with some nice ls rims i have purchased. Plan on boosting since I know some guys with spare parts and experience with turbo hindas... but I am unsure as to what direction i should take with supporting mods since the car is going to stay a daily driver with the stock fuel pump, no head work,probably no bottom end work.

I have already done almost every thing I deem essential like an oil change 5w30 syn,brake fluid,clutch fluid,power steering fluid,coolant. The previous owner traded it in but it's clear the belts are fairly new with no wear and the MTF was clear. Didn't check the timing belt or clutch or any valve clearance but the car idles in spec and runs perfect minus me sucking at shifting

what are some of the mods that weren't engine related or transmission that you absolutely cannot do without? I'm also open to any suggestions against my plans but so far I'm pretty confident I'd rather boost than swap.I could buy a swapped civic and sell mine after restoring to stock for far more in my area.

thanks again sorry for the **** formatting I promise not to post this exhausted and disorganized in the future or at 3 percent battery and here's a likely oversized picture