Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Eg hatch lsvtec swapped

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eg hatch lsvtec swapped

Hey guys, new to the forums and was looking for a bit of help. I got the swap together in my eg hatch and everything was great. Got tuned and made some good stock numbers. Few months and oil changes later i start to have an issue with going into vtec. Cruising at low rpms car is fine, once i get into the rpms the car begins to bog out not letting me rev any higher. Mind you this is before even getting into vtec. Spark plugs are new, the rotor and cap on the dizzy were replaced, all grounds are in the right locations. I dont know what it can be please help!!
Old 06-15-2019, 02:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg hatch lsvtec swapped

Vtech conversion kit or run a wire from ecu to vtech solenoid.
I have a simple question which would be easier to complete
B18b with b16a head or b18b with b18c gsr head. What are the
necessary parts and tools ,material needed to make the process
Less complicated.( Will I have to Change from obd2 to obd1.) I also
need advices/infos that could help me on
My build is truly appreciate.... Thanks in advanced
Old 06-15-2019, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg hatch lsvtec swapped

So which route you choose it will be the same concept, b16 or b18c. The head setup is the same. Now you will need for starters a lsvtec head gasket, lsvtec sanwhich plate which is a plate that goes in between the block and oil filter. That allows you to tie in an oil feed line to your newly installed vtec head. Now as for the harness, if you are running obd2 already then you might already have a vtec plug in the wiring. In case you are obd1 you will need to run 1 wire from the vtec solonoid to the ecu. Now remember you will need a corresponding ecu for this setup. I went with a p28 and chipped it with neptune. Hope this helps and goodluck