Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Cyndi

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 02:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyndi

Hi
I came to this page in search of some professional Honda Technician answers. RE: New 2015 Odyssey 6800 miles in front end crash. Safe repair to not compromise airbag deployment and crash safety.
The airbags did not deploy but the driver airbag light stayed on and the passenger light flickered constantly. I took it straight to honda for repair before the police report was even finished. The passenger side front rail was crushed and the first collision center did an estimate of about $10,000 (lower than I assume) but emailed me and said they did not wish to do the job. (NOTE: at fault insurance and my insurance are the same company).
The insurance company insisted on my taking it to this other shop(very good reputation) This shop wanted to pound out the front rail but couldn't because it was split(which I could have told him that it was very obvious) So he said he was going to weld another on. All the info I find says replace it which is an intensive job since the motor has to be removed. He insists that there is a "however" clause that in his opinion will allow him to. Knowing all this is relational to the airbags deploying properly, I expressed my concernes to no avail, and would appreciate any/all "honda Tech's opinions and legally written guidelines of such a process if possible. Image is attached. Thank you

on this.