Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness

Ok, I've searched and found lots of good info, just not exactly what I need, or am hoping for maybe.

I've got a 95 DX and I'm in the process of swapping in a JDM B18C. Through all of my searching I've figured out everything from pulling the motor to vacuum lines. The trouble I'm having is with wiring. I've found the following as far as the harnesses are concerned

USDM GSR harness will work the best, as all I'll have to do is run a few wires through my firewall to the ECU

EG Si or EX harness is the next best thing as the engine harness is prewired for vtec

What I'm wondering is if in my situation, would it be possible to remove the B18C harness and disect it and reroute the wiring to the opposite sides and then throw it all back in those looms and then wire the firewall? Or could I take my DX harness and ad the wires/plugs I need?

I've looked over both motors side by side and there are a quite a few plugs I'm missing on my civic harness. If it's possible, I'd like to cut up my GSR harness and rewire it in the looms because I stand a better chance of getting everything wired up.

Or should I just camp ebay for a USDM GSR or EG vtec Harness? Help me HT!
Old 08-29-2006, 01:19 AM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: wiring harness (beoy9)

just use your factory harness with a subharness, its plug and play
Old 08-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: wiring harness (HondaPartsHero)

By factory you mean my DX harness, and by sub harness you mean those you are selling? I'd need the IAB harness too. Good god, if this is the case, then THANK YOU!!