Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do??

Old 03-13-2018, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon5 What would you do??

Greetings Honda brothers, sisters, and cousins. Forgive me if this is posted in the "wrong" place. I currently have a dilemma. I have a 95 2dr coupe that was my first car which i have owned since 2003. The explorer that i drive daily is not fun... I am wanting to get my civic back in action but i do not want the automatic transmission or 90 WHP my tired old z6 will give with the auto tranny. Many people say get rid of the car and get a new one, but i will not. this car saved my life and i love it. so my question is what should i do? i have a budget of 4500 dollars. All of the swap shops i have contacted in Maryland and Pennsylvania have quoted insanely high prices like 6- 7k for only a b16a swap!!! at this point my goal is very simple... 150WHP. all i want, all i need. what is the best way to reach 150whp? Go with my current tired d16z6 maybe have it rebuilt LIGHTLY turbocharged with the frail auto tranny or keep searching for a shop that can do the swap for under 4500? starting to lose hope. I am not capable of doing the swap myself or with friends because i do not have the knowledge i also have a surgically reconstructed right wrist. i can grab a shifter and shift but turning any wrenches or lifting anything heavy is now a thing of the past for me. I always wanted to get my honda swapped and now i just need help finding a garage or a person who could do the swap. I will never get rid of my Honda but damn, if i cant get it swapped i may just keep it for a daily and buy an old IROC Camaro with half of my swap budget