Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What now?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What now?

I'm done with my base hybrid. An 88 CRX HF with a B18A and a JDM S1 tranny. I"m just wondering now what? I plan on doing up the suspension. Prolly a set of tokico shocks, and some sway/strut bars. Also i'll prolly get my crappy HF redone. But other than that I dunno where my next path lies....Boost or NA? Turbo or Super? LS/VTEC or beefed up B18A?

I'm looking for the best reliability and perormance at the lowest cost. Currenty i'm leaning towards an LS/Vtec setup. I don't really want to jerk the engine out of the car again.....it a pain ya know? I'm not looking to rev to infinty(7K is fine with me) or have ultra-high compression. as long as I can run the cheap gas and put out a good amount of power I'll be happy.

Would just a "plain-jane" LS/Vtec be the ticket? I've got about 90K on my B18A, would I have any probs using the stock LS bottom-end? B16s are cheap.....I could get one for 500~600.....

Any thoughts everyone? Anything is welcome.....thanx
Old 06-25-2001, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What now? (Speed PHreak)

Throw a cheap turbo kit on it. Like the single cam GReddy kit modded to fit the DOHC head.
good luck,
Jared
Old 06-25-2001, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What now? (Jared)

Thanx for the reply Jared, when you say "cheap" that kinda scares me. I want to make good reliable power, with the option of maybe upgrading in the future. IS that asking too much. Also when you say cheap, how cheap is that money-wise?
Old 06-26-2001, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What now? (Speed PHreak)

I dont think theres a shot in hell that anyone can build a motor and not have to pay for it. Its gunna be really hard to modify your set up and have it run on cheap gas...Anyone out there got their built motor and running 87 octane? I really doubt it... no way you can boost or run high compression and be cheap about it. Performance comes with a price tag. Your best bang for the buck would be to go NOS I think.Good LucK..