Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Wiring Question

Not really sure where to ask this question, seems like there's tons of smart people in here.(Myself Excluded)

Picking up a 92 DX hatch, has no foglights, if I buy some used factory fogs, are they prewired? I'm assuming not, if not, am I just better off buying a whole replacement setup? Suggestions? Also, can the factory fogs be converted to HID?

~james
Old 05-25-2003, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Stupid Wiring Question (SleepyEG)

^^^
Old 05-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought you were going to use the whole dash off of the GSR of yours?
Old 05-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid Wiring Question (acurals140)

So why do you need the EX gauge cluster?
Old 05-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepyEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Picking up a 92 DX hatch, has no foglights, if I buy some used factory fogs, are they prewired? I'm assuming not, if not, am I just better off buying a whole replacement setup? Suggestions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The only cars that are prewired for foglights are the ones that were dealer installed. When you buy the OEM or OEM replica foglight kit it comes with a switch and harness. It's really easy to wire up the lights with your own wiring as well. Depending on how cheap you are getting the used set for you can always get an OEM replica kit on Ebay for about $60.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepyEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, can the factory fogs be converted to HID?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No but they are available in the Altezza and projector beam with angel eye's versions.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stupid Wiring Question (VTECVillain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECVillain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
No but they are available in the Altezza and projector beam with angel eye's versions. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL. Good info Chris
Old 05-30-2003, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Stupid Wiring Question (VTECVillain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECVillain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
No but they are available in the Altezza and projector beam with angel eye's versions. </TD></TR></TABLE>

angel eyes huh? that sounds jdm phat y0......I was just wondering, one of my buddies father's works for the company supplying BMW with their HID setups, he said he'd hook me up with some bulbs, etc.. for cheap, not really my style anyway though, just thought I'd see if it was possible so I could convert a few pairs and sell them off.

About 5 minutes after I posted, I found some of the replica kits on Ebay, and they look decent enough...

On a side note, I just got back from 26 hours straight of driving to North Carolina and back again to pick up a hatch. Well worth it though. Hopefully the swap will start soon.. Thanks so much for the info, I know it was a dumb question.
Old 05-31-2003, 04:31 PM

if you are handy, you can use the HID set-up off anycar car that comes factory with them. You need the actual bulbs and boxes that come with them too. A friend of mine did it in his honda with some Audi HID's, i dunno, something....looks mint though
Old 05-31-2003, 05:00 PM

Default Re: (bigblockEG)

ok, that's what I thought, I was suprised to hear VTECvillian say otherwise, I have a lot of respect for his posts...If I can get bulbs free i'll give it a try, but I'm definately not going to pay for them...
~James
Old 05-31-2003, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (SleepyEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepyEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok, that's what I thought, I was suprised to hear VTECvillian say otherwise</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wasn't saying that it couldn't be done. Just anytime something is slightly off topic in the hybrid forum I'll jump in and be a little sarcastic. It's all good
Old 05-31-2003, 09:32 PM

Default Re: (VTECVillain)

ok, that makes me feel better. Yeah, it's definately off topic, and borderline bling bling, but free HID is free HID...I'm used to rally lighting setups, so stock Civic lights just don't do it for me. I didn't really know where else to post it though. Hybrids seems to have a lot less B.S. then some other ones. If I can get them free I'll give it a shot and I'll let ya know how it goes.
~James