Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starter not getting power

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter not getting power

I have a 93 civic hatch cx, with a b18c1 engine swap with obd1 ecu.

Recently i couldnt start my car, I found out that it was because my starter wasnt getting any power. i took it to a local shop, and they couldnt fix it... so right now, i have a wire coming up from the starter and i have to jump the starter everytime to start my car.

i took it too another place and they replaced about 10 fuses and starter relay fuse and still did not work! they've given up and now im still trying to figure out how to get my car to start.

anybody have any ideas? im getting tired of popping my hood to get it started.

thanks
Old 02-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Starter not getting power (soulrider4ever)

this may sound crazy but one of my civics was acting the same way and it end up being the ground. it took me for ever to figure it out, i finally took of my ground out of pure desperation. i sanded the lead and put it back on and it worked. might be worth a shot.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Starter not getting power (ibemebewhobeyoube)

If you have to jump the pos. wire from you batt. you might try re wiring that wire that goes to the batt. there is another wire(on the starter) that is square and I believe that it is the ground. I think (meaning Im not positve) When you turn the key, that ground somehow completes some circut and starts the car. Sounds like a wiring issue.

Good Luck

Blaze
Old 02-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Starter not getting power (Blaze45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blaze45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you have to jump the pos. wire from you batt. you might try re wiring that wire that goes to the batt. there is another wire(on the starter) that is square and I believe that it is the ground. I think (meaning Im not positve) When you turn the key, that ground somehow completes some circut and starts the car. Sounds like a wiring issue.

Good Luck

Blaze</TD></TR></TABLE>

The starter grounds itself. You have 12v going to the starter at all times (the thick red wire). That wire comes directly from the battery. Then you have a S-terminal. The S-terminal gives the starter 12v when the key is turned to the "start" position.

To the original poster: what wire is not getting power? the thin or thick wire? If the thin wire is not getting power, it maybe your starter relay took a **** on you. If it is your thick wire, Check the wire and connections with the battery and the starter. Also, check the ground going from the frame rail to the transmission.

I hope that helps