Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question, moving everything from a GS-R to an EJ1

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default quick question, moving everything from a GS-R to an EJ1

I wrecked my '98 GS-R (rear end damage) on liability . It's got a nice powertrain, and I want to put it in a '95 Civic EX that I may pick up tomorrow. Do I need to buy anything at all or can I rip all the parts from my GS-R and move them to the Civic?

Yeah I searched, it sounds like that's the case, but no one said so specifically, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the input!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: quick question, moving everything from a GS-R to an EJ1 (alfaaay)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alfaaay &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wrecked my '98 GS-R (rear end damage) on liability . It's got a nice powertrain, and I want to put it in a '95 Civic EX that I may pick up tomorrow. Do I need to buy anything at all or can I rip all the parts from my GS-R and move them to the Civic?

Yeah I searched, it sounds like that's the case, but no one said so specifically, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the input!</TD></TR></TABLE>

pretty much everything will work but the ac condensor (or so i think). Use the Bseries power steering set up with the stock civic line. Everything else is a bolt in other than wiring up for knock sensor and secondaries. FYI leave the 98 wiring harness on the engine and use that to plug directly into the stock civics shock tower cannon plugs. The swap is easy and I hope that helped. Good luck and sorry to hear about the gsr.