Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prediction!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prediction!!!!!!

I predict in maybe 2 to 3 years instead of everyone doing a H-series swap in a accord i bet the K-series swap is going to take over. Everyone is going to be doing the K-series swap like the H-series swap is being done today.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:34 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Prediction!!!!!! (H22A 94Inspire)

I think the H motor might hang on for a little while longer.

The H motors are a lot cheaper than the K motors and return about the same amount of power given a certain kind of modification.

For example(s), the old #20 H1 Prelude of Corey Jacobs is still a first class, front line Honda Challenge competitor whenever he chooses to campaign it. And the Curpier team has just put H motors into their H1 Integra and H1 Civic, and they will qualify on the pole ahead of the K motor Integra and K motor Civic.

You'll spend a lot less on the H motor and get basically the same power for a given list of modifications, so I think the H motors might hang on for another couple of years.

The biggest disadvantage, of course, is that the aftermarket is beginning to go whole-hog on the K motors while the parts supplies for the H motors is drying up. It was pretty hard to get good H motor parts in the first place. I remember that when we wanted some special JUN cams for the H1 Prelude, there were absolutely none available anywhere on any shelves. We had to get a big name JDM tuner to promise to buy quite a few of them to get JUN to produce them.

So...I dunno. I'd expect to see H motors around for a couple years more, but the parts are going to get harder and harder to find.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:21 PM

If I were to do a swap I'd go K series fo sho
Old 08-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Honda Euro^R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda Euro^R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I were to do a swap I'd go K series fo sho</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think alot fo people would. its just a matter if your have $$ and is willing to try something relatively new
Old 08-06-2006, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Prediction!!!!!! (George Knighton)

The thought behind my theroy is the H-series motor is going to drop in price and everyone is just going to get tired of it. Its going to be like u see a accord and ur like he has a H22 what do u know. But if a accord drives by with a K-series u will be like freakin sweet. I think the K-series will drop in price once everyone begins to do the swap. But u know i might be Pissin in the wind I dunno But its what i think.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H22A 94Inspire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The thought behind my theroy is the H-series motor is going to drop in price and everyone is just going to get tired of it. Its going to be like u see a accord and ur like he has a H22 what do u know. But if a accord drives by with a K-series u will be like freakin sweet. I think the K-series will drop in price once everyone begins to do the swap. But u know i might be Pissin in the wind I dunno But its what i think.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont think the H will die just because everyone has it. maybe for the people who just want to get attention, but for the true die-hard performance enthusiasts the H getting cheaper will only increase the amount of people dropping them into the accords.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Prediction!!!!!! (pos_cd5)

This is true and i see ur point but add up how many gear heads there is ok, now think about all the showoffs and people wanting to get attention but dont know jack squat. Thats how it is in frankfort anyway, im in the top 4 in this city when comes to knowing about these cars. I love listeing to Ricers making up bull **** stories then i come up and give him the facts of how his story is impossible. Then he looks at me like i introduced him to running water. But anyways thats the way i see it. I think there are more show off ****** then true good harted gear heads.

EDIT: For typo
Old 08-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, but alot of the show people/ricer usually dont have enough $$ and knowledge to perform such a swap., it will be the select few (rich kids) who will be able to afford to pay a shop to the whole swap. ....
Old 08-07-2006, 12:33 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Prediction!!!!!! (pos_cd5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pos_cd5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it will be the select few (rich kids) who will be able to afford to pay a shop to the whole swap. ....</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL... Oh, c'mon. It's not all <u>that</u> expensive!!

But the H22 conversion will still make sense for the frugal among us, and it'll give you the same power for a lot less money than a K20 or K24.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can put a K motor into the older Accords (pre '02) now?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:44 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Prediction!!!!!! (The_Head)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The_Head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can put a K motor into the older Accords (pre '02) now?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, but the expense of it is (I think) what the argument's about. You can get the same amount of power and reliability for literally <u>thousands</u> of dollars less by using the H motor.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:54 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

after doing quite a bit of shopping around, and trying to pull strings in the salvage insdustry I found that doing a K swap was not that promising.
$650 for 02-05 civic si transmission
$800 for accord/element/crv longblock
several hundred more for the civic si intake manifold, and so on, as well as computer and stuff. Then dont forget about the reflash of the computer.
Then add the mount kit, i think around 650-750.
Then fun with wiring OR paying for the wiring conversion from Hasport.
Plus the custom axles....
Already that is over $3k before you factor in labor (i have done all my own for years) for a shop to do it for many people.

Oh yeah and that is only a 160 hp engine. getting the TSX setup is even more. In the area I am in it usually adds $700-1000 more.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:27 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

Complete 200HP H22 long block is, what? $800?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Complete 200HP H22 long block is, what? $800?</TD></TR></TABLE>
They are around 1200 and shipping on HMO.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:46 AM

H series are cheaper to obtain and an easier install. My first hybrid swap, besides a sohc into a del sol was my h22 into my car. It's up and running now and I don't have many problems with it. (just the timing is off and trying to find my dads damn timing light).

H series are cheap, yet just as powerful.

-Jason