Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help. Big spark, blew something.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please help. Big spark, blew something.

So I'm trying to finish up my h22 swap into my teg, very close, and I was playing aroun with the wiring cause there was a few things I had to change, so I plug the the ecu in, go to start the car up, everything seams fine, until I try to turn the ignition and I see a big spark somewhere inside the car and the lights go dark and nothing happens, can't get any power. I check all the fuses and they all seem fine so I reconnect the battery and car seams to be fine again, but I didn't try starting it in fear that I might damage something. My question is, is there anything in the wiring that I couldnt screwed up to make it do this? Or anything else in general why it would do this, confused because it works fine till i try to start it then everything just went dead, then all the lights and everything come back on 5 minutes later. Any help is appreciated!
Old 05-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help. Big spark, blew something. (JasonST)

Bump! Please somone help. I tried to start it this morning and same thing, works fine till I turn the key over and all the lights turn off and everything goes blank, even the battery it seams, but then everything works fine in bout 15 sec until i try to turn the ignition on again. The only fishy thing I can find is that the cable from the battery to the starter itself doesn't seam to be grounded, I checked it and its not grounded, is it suppose to be like this or not? Any help would be nice!
Old 05-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cmon ppl. What would cause lights to go out and no power when u try to turn the key over, everything works fine till then. It's like everything loses power when I try to start the car. Please help.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I finally got it to work but I dont know how, I fiddled with a few things, and now it works, I think my battery terminal on the positive side is kinda corroded.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if battery cables werent tightened down they could arc, and car wont start. but usually dont mess anything up