Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD1 GSR in EF : code 7, 20 and Secondaries

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD1 GSR in EF : code 7, 20 and Secondaries

Hi guys, been working on my 90 hatch and dropped an obd1 gsr into it with p72. However, I have the codes 7 and 20 being thrown and need some help and input from the community.

I put a brand new tps in it and it didnt fix the code 7. However, i dont get the bouncy idle. What I get, is the same symptoms but only when I give it a miniscule amount of gas. But after I get the rpms past that range, it smooths out. I get the "woom bahhs" at about 1K rpm but not above and not below. I set the new tps to .5 volts closed then 4.5 wot. but I was told to do that backwards starting with wot first. And help on that?

As far as the code 20, electrical load detector.... wtf? what is this? I've heard it is a box that hangs next to your engine fuse box but they are only on integras? not on an EF? I have no knowledge of this code. Please help guys.

Also, just realized that I havnt wired up the secondary butterflies on my intake manifold. I was told I could just zip tie it open and leave it like that or I could wire it up correct. Would this have anything to do with my code 7? What are yalls input for dealing with the secondaries other than buying a blox or skunk2 manifold. I don't have that option right now. zip tie? legit wiring? pros, cons of each? Will I loose hp or tq just zip tieing?

Thanks for any input in advance guys.