Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy here!

Old 12-15-2016, 06:16 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here!

Hi guys, New to the forum and pretty new to Honda's in general. Background on myself, I am a DSM/EVO/Subaru tech. I have owned and built a bunch of 400+hp DSM's.
I am pretty new to the Honda game and am already looking to do an engine swap on a DC2 I just picked up. Now what has me wanting to do a swap is one of my co-workers. He has a EG Hatch that is H2b with a JDM H23A, Car has ran a best of 11.4@121 all motor driving it to the track and bolting on slicks. Now I know this won't be possible with the DC2 with the added weight of the car.

At any rate I am looking to have a fun street car that handles great and is great at canyon carving. I am a firm believer that for all motor there is no replacement for displacement. So on that note I have been on here doing more research about the H2b stuff. Co-worker knows the H23A really well but has never done the swap in a DC2 so that puts me here. From my research I have gathered this.
Car is a 98 DC2 LS, parts I know I will need.....
H23A engine of course.
Had planned to use the QSD Kit.
For trans I had planned to use the LS trans and then switch to a GSR trans with the LS final drive.
Since the H23A is an OBD II motor I am assuming I can keep my wiring harness and add Vtec to it, Use a OBD II to OBD I patch harness and run either a P28 ECU with Hondata or an AEM which I prefer and know how to tune very well.
Not 100% Sure about the Power steering.
I see I will have to modify which ever header I plan to get which is a non issue.
Hood and ground clearance. I know in the EG with the QSD Kit you have to space the hood. From what I am reading that may be a non issue with the DC2 not 100% sure though but ground clearance is OK.

I have looked at doing a GSR swap and also LS Vtec , Obviously those would be a lot easier. I want a motor I don't have to wind out to 9500RPM to enjoy. High revving engines are great but longevity is a concern.

Anything I am missing is what I am here for. Hopefully you guys here can steer me down the right path.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New guy here!

https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid...b-faq-1998426/