Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Swap Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Swap Help

Swap.....B18c into 94 integra ls

issues.....which ac and power steering brackets will i need in order to keep the ls ac condensor and ps pump

issue 2.....wiring, does the ls shock tower to passenger footwell harness already have vtec wired or will i need to wire all of it in.....a detailed wiring guide would be great...

please post links you may have on this....i tried searching but never come up with stuff about the ls....thanks for your time ....
Old 10-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Need Swap Help (tbocrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tbocrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which ac and power steering brackets will i need in order to keep the ls ac condensor and ps pump</TD></TR></TABLE>

The stock LS PS bracket + pump and the AC bracket + condensor will fit the GSR motor or the GSR stuff can also be used.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does the ls shock tower to passenger footwell harness already have vtec wired or will i need to wire all of it in</TD></TR></TABLE>

You will need to wire both the cabin harness and engine harness (if using stock LS engine harness) for the VTEC solenoid, pressure switch, knock sensor and IAB.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:27 PM

thanks for your help....not many people like to answer dumb newb questions....one last question for you.....when i went to start repinning the ecu harness there are already wires in the locations where i need to put the iab, and evap wires.....also wires already iin the vtec pins....should i leave these in there or remove them?...thanks for all your help...i really appreciate it
Old 10-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (tbocrx)

It's best to have a Helm's book(s) so you can map out the needed wiring and existing wiring. A lot of times a wire in the current position which becomes another function with the new ECU can usually be used to make the connection for that new sensor.
I really urge that you follow a Helm's manual to do this procedure. Most people make the sensor a direct connection to the ECU and bypass the engine and cabin harness all together. While this is OK and serves it's purpose, it;s also not factory-like and tends to get very messy.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:39 PM

thanks again....im gonna go pick up the acura service manual tomorrow and see what it says....