Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help on questions on engine swap out

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on questions on engine swap out

i own a 1997 honda dx coupe. it is a 5 speed with a d16y7 engine. i am a old school hot rodder that wants to turn his daily driver into a sleeper and need advise from you guys that are more knowledgeable than myself in the tuner dept. i build engines for a living and therefore other than american muscle cars i could not tell you what to interchange in what cars. here is my question. i can get a d16y8 engine for my car for nothing and build it up and would like to put a turbo on it (i was looking at the system from edelbrock) i would do it right. build the engine swap it out and add the turbo later. now is the trans the same? i need to change the engine harness? computer? anything else? is this a bolt in? what should i do. i love to build sleepers and that is what i am after. now what do you guys think? as far as the engine internals that is no problem. but does it make sense to do this or what. i figure for the same amount as a b16a2 engine install i could have a stock looking d series with about 210-220 hp. oh yeah and buy the way if you guys need machine work i do it all. valve jobs on a serdi machine, full porting/polishing with a superflow bench. block machining. i build alot of promod/superbike engines. so i know the japanese products well but not when it comes down to all this swaping and stuff .
thanks
Jay