Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls/vtec question

Old 03-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls/vtec question

i tried the honda-tech search, but im new and it sucks trying to find what you need, im concidering my options on my new b18 swap with now, whetehr to boost, na or ls/vtec. Some help from you guys would be cool.

option #1 -NA- right now seems to be the cheapest route since i have a spare b18b head sitting here, shave it to raise comp a little, good intake, header, exhaust, crower 404 cam, port, polish, good clutch, gsr tranny(or b16, whichever i can find)(obviously this setup is going to be more mild, and i left out a few parts but u get the point)

option #2 -ls/vtec- seems easy enough, ive done mini-me's, ls/vtec seems like a mini me with an oil line, doesnt seem that hard, simple work(especially with a conversion kit, i lvoe ebay)

obtion #3-turbo- most expensive if i do it right, no turbo experience, so ill be totally new to it

right now turbo sounds the best power wire, but not reliability wise since id have to us an afc hack or something for tuning due to lack of money and im too ignorant of uberdata to use it i think, i like the idea of going all motor ls/vtec, i love the torque of the ls compared to my d series, and the feeling of the dual cam vtec would be o-so-nice...

can i get some quality feedback on this stuff, maybe someone that has done the ls vtec let me know hard difficult it is, heres what i figured id need...

conversion kit (ebay)
b16a head with obd1 dizzy
obd1 p30 ecu
arp head bolts and arp rod bolts

ive most likely missed some large points in doing the ls vtec, but it seems fairly simple, flame me if u feel necessary, it might brighten up my day...