Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Legend lives on...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Legend lives on...

The legend lives on...

As some of you may know, I have been working on swapping a 91 B18A with a JDM S1 into an 1988 CRX HF. Last night a approxmitely 9:30 I took it out for a spin. Much to my dismay, I failed to bleed the brakes well enough so I had only limited stopping power. Due a misalighment, my car pulled viscously to the right. I have to re-adjust the radius rod on the passeneger side. I'm not sure of this but don't the radius rods control toe in/out correct? I didn't seat the speedo cable well enough either, so no speedometer. Finally open header is loud is F***, and unfortuanately a cop lives in my neighborhood. It was 9:30 in the evening, I can just see myself getting pulled over and trying to explain, driving a car with no exhaust, tag, inspection AND getting cited for disrubing the peace.......LOL. Perhaps today after a freind helps me to cut my exhaust to the proper legth, and I re-bleed the brakes, I'll be able to take it for a real test drive. In the end i'd like to thank everyone for their input and help, and espicailly JetLi6969 for swapping me trannies. Hopefully this hybrid will have a long life unlike my previous one, live and learn tho.....

I also have one annoynace, code 13. Does anyone know it the 88 model HFs had a PA(barometric/atmopheric) sensor?
I'm using a 91 PR4(90-91 LS)ECU with the stock HF wiring. I've been told 2 things;

A: It's in the ECU
B: It's in the kick panel(or should be) -- i'm leaning towards this theory, b/c the HF sensor could be non-existant or incompatible with my LS ECU.