Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

itr swap, power steering brackets

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default itr swap, power steering brackets

I just swapped my itr motor from my da into my 94 civic coupe. Im having trouble getting the right lower bracket for power steering to use the d series ps pump. Ive read countless posts on this subject and I just cant get a clear answer. Ive got the p30 upper bracket and a p54 lower bracket. This seems to be the most common response to people asking the same thing I am right now. Most say to use any b series lower bracket

For the lower bolt hole on the ps pump to even line up with bracket, I had to shim out the bracket from the block with 3 washers. With it bolted up to just the lower bracket, the pulley from the pump sits too far over to the right. Heres a pic.

Heres the gap when then trying to line it up with the upper bracket.

I then unbolted the lower bracket and bolted on the upper bracket and attached the pump to it. It seem to line up perfect with the crank pulley and to be the right bracket.

So what lower bracket do I need to look for? A b16 del sol lower? What is the code on the bracket for it? I've heard I could simply use a b series ps pump but ive gone through all of this trouble trying to get the d series to work that I want to stick with it. Thanks
Old 09-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: itr swap, power steering brackets

Bump!
Old 09-16-2014, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe the bracket you need is Honda part number: 56994-p30-000. I don't my ipad with me at work to check in my save links.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It says that the 99-00 si uses the same lower bracket. I have one but still ran into the same problem
Old 09-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup, top bracket is for P30, I have that in my B16.

Notice that bolt hole on the top bracket, thats where the butterfly goes through to adjust belt tension on PS pump.

Your's not aligned with the PS pump.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok yea I know I have the right top bracket
Old 09-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Why don't you bolt it down first and than take pics again to confirm if its align. I see a big *** gap between the mount and the pump.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can get either the top bolted in or the bottom. Not both at the same time. It's obvious something is wrong with the bottom bracket
Old 09-19-2014, 04:18 AM
Fish Twig

Originally Posted by sportsman1539
I just swapped my itr motor from my da into my 94 civic coupe. Im having trouble getting the right lower bracket for power steering to use the d series ps pump. Ive read countless posts on this subject and I just cant get a clear answer. Ive got the p30 upper bracket and a p54 lower bracket. This seems to be the most common response to people asking the same thing I am right now. Most say to use any b series lower bracket

I then unbolted the lower bracket and bolted on the upper bracket and attached the pump to it. It seem to line up perfect with the crank pulley and to be the right bracket.

So what lower bracket do I need to look for? A b16 del sol lower? What is the code on the bracket for it? I've heard I could simply use a b series ps pump but ive gone through all of this trouble trying to get the d series to work that I want to stick with it. Thanks
If you want a clear answer? Look up the del sol vtec part # used for the lower p/s bracket, I'm not sure why you're mix and matching.....
Old 09-19-2014, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

According to the part # that someone posted earlier, the del sol and 99-00 si use the same bottom bracket.... i have a 99-00 si bracket and it didnt work.the reason ive mix and matched brackets is because after reading numerous posts, alot of people were saying to use any b series lower bracket... and some specifically said the p54 bracket which is what I used.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Fish Twig

Does it come from the factory the same way you have it now, mix/match?
Old 09-19-2014, 10:00 AM
Fish Twig

What pump do you have?
Old 09-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 09-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

There is no bracket that mounts the civic P/S pump to a VTEC "B" series... you may be confusing this with the CRV bracket, which uses the civic pump, for the non-vtec B18 or B20. You MUST use the Integra pump... the one that matches your high pressure P/S line. You have the offset hose, which I believe matches the '96+ pump. This will also require the P72 upper bracket along with the P54 lower bracket. The P30 upper bracket has a different adjustment bolt tab length, so IF you want to use that bracket, you will have to find a '94-95 Del Sol DOHC VTEC P/S pump... which won't be easy. Otherwise, gaining proper tension on the P/S belt will be challenging.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Fish Twig

Search this forum, the answer has been given.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
There is no bracket that mounts the civic P/S pump to a VTEC "B" series... you may be confusing this with the CRVbracket, which uses the civic pump, for the non-vtec B18 o B20. You MUST use the Integra pump... the one that matches your high pressure P/S line. You have the offset hose, which I believe matches the '96+ pump. This will also require the P72 upper bracket along with the P54 lower bracket. The P30 upper bracket has a different adjustment bolt tab length, so IF you want to use that bracket, you will have to find a '94-95 Del Sol DOHC VTEC P/S pump... which won't be easy. Otherwise, gaining proper tension on the P/S belt will be challenging.
Thanks for the explanation. .. the only thing I Don't understand is from everything I've read, the 94-95 del sol uses the same ps pump as the civic. So if you use the brackets from that particular car, It should work with an itr swap.

Tony,. This forum is littered with bad information on this topic and it's hard to know what is right and wrong. Find a post on here that gives an answer other than to use any b series lower bracket or a p54 bracket. I always try to avoid making a new post by searching the information that I need thoroughly hence the low post count on my part when I've been on this forum for years
Old 09-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Fish Twig

No its not because I found a thread with pictures of the difference in the civic and integra pumps, obd1 and obd2 pumps, both on Honda-Tech. I also found information on what one guy with a gsr swap in a eg used to retain powersteering functionality and it seems plausible when I combine both threads for infomation, confirm it with part numbers from a honda part site and VOILA!!! Done deal.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't want to use an integra pump. I want the d series to work. It should be able to work with the right lower bracket... There's got to be a difference in the 94-95 del sol bracket and 99-00 si. The si bracket bolts to the driver's side motor mount. I highly doubt the 94-95 del sol bracket does. I need s part number for this bracket that is different from the si. I cant seem to find one
Old 09-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok I looked up part numbers... the del sol uses an integra pump. Idk why I thought you could use a d series
Old 09-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Fish Twig

Ok I looked up part numbers... the del sol uses an integra pump. Idk why I thought you could use a d series
You're ****** stubborn...
Old 09-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You're a a lil bitch dude. You were absolutely no help at all! You just wanted to be that little forum **** that tells everyone to search. Get the **** off of my post
Old 09-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Fish Twig

I don't want to use an integra pump. I want the d series to work. It should be able to work with the right lower bracket... There's got to be a difference in the 94-95 del sol bracket and 99-00 si. The si bracket bolts to the driver's side motor mount. I highly doubt the 94-95 del sol bracket does. I need s part number for this bracket that is different from the si. I cant seem to find one
So after searching you found out you had to use a integra pump. Stubbornness confirmed so stfu noob.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im far from a noob... trust me I did plenty of searching. People like you are such a bad *** behind a keyboard. I would love for you to talk **** to my face.

I never read anywhere that a del sol uses an integra pump...but I did read that you could use the d series pump on a b series swap. I looked up part numbers on AutoZone and figured it out that way.

I've been on here over five years and have a really low post count. . I think I do a good job of searching so shut the **** up
Old 09-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok yea I know I have the right top bracket
You have the wrong top bracket. A butterfly bolt goes through that small hole on the top bracket to the PS pump. Yours don't even align.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Fish Twig

Im far from a noob... trust me I did plenty of searching. People like you are such a bad *** behind a keyboard. I would love for you to talk **** to my face.

I never read anywhere that a del sol uses an integra pump...but I did read that you could use the d series pump on a b series swap. I looked up part numbers on AutoZone and figured it out that way.

I've been on here over five years and have a really low post count. . I think I do a good job of searching so shut the **** up
5 yrs and you still don't trust the Honda oem part site? Wow......

A dseries pump will not work in a b-series vtec setup in an eg. Sure enough those images confirmed my findings from the od1 d-series pump to an obd2 d-series pump. I apologize for assuming you did your homework, unfortunately you didn't. You want to come find me? Fine I live in Austin, Tx come find me. pm me # time and date. I'll be glad to repeat all that has been stated here since your more stubborn to admit you refusal to use a b-series pump.

Quick Reply: itr swap, power steering brackets