Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle problem, and rev limit problem, please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle problem, and rev limit problem, please help

I have 94 Del Sol with an LS/VTEC... Which it had a B16

First... My rev limit will only go up to like 6500 rpm, when it used to go up to 8250... I had a Field SFC VTEC controller, then I took it off because I wanted to see if it was causing another problem. Now my car wont rev past 6500 .... and ideas as for why???

Second... Im having an idle problem, which I think its my MAP sensor, anyone know where I can get one? Or have any ideas why it would idle from 1000-1500 even with a load on the engine?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Idle problem, and rev limit problem, please help (ToxxicSol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ToxxicSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First... My rev limit will only go up to like 6500 rpm, when it used to go up to 8250... I had a Field SFC VTEC controller, then I took it off because I wanted to see if it was causing another problem. Now my car wont rev past 6500 .... and ideas as for why???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you simply just "remove" the Field VTEC controller without returning the wiring back to stock? If so that's your problem since the controller cuts you VTEC solenoid and a few other wires in half so that it can change the valuse. Without the controller plugged in or the wiring not rewired you are breaking the loop for these sensors (VTEC, MAP, etc.) so they are basically not working.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ToxxicSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Second... Im having an idle problem, which I think its my MAP sensor, anyone know where I can get one? Or have any ideas why it would idle from 1000-1500 even with a load on the engine?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fix the wiring from the Field VTEC first. If that doesn't help then check the IACV and all vaccum hoses.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Idle problem, and rev limit problem, please help (VTECVillain)

Fo Sho I reconnected the wires, thats why I am askin for help, cause I put it back to "stock" and now it wont work???

As for the second question I have checked all lines etc.. the IAC, TPS, so thats why im thinking its the MAP sensor.

Or could it just be my ECU is crapped out?
Old 05-25-2003, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Idle problem, and rev limit problem, please help (ToxxicSol)

BUMP FOR THIS

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!

I have the B17a1, had a fields, swapped it for a VAFC, rev limit is now at 7,500...had 3 shops confirm proper wiring...SOMEONE HELP US!!!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Idle problem, and rev limit problem, please help (Skunk2_92gsr)

BuMP!

Tome on somebody!

TTT