Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iab help

Old 07-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iab help

jdm b18c is the engine and here is my problem.

i wired up my IAB correctly...

OBD1 = A17 and GROUND

don't tell me that is not correct because it was working properly until today. i'm not sure if my IAB sensor is broken or i'm not getting vaccum anymore. any ideas?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: iab help (the soL that could)

How u know for sure that ur IAB's aren't working? Yeah a17 is for the iab's. U could check and see if it comes on, when u turn ur car to the on position, u should see the vacuum diaphram move and pop to close the iabs. As for really testing it I'm not sure if I know how, try posting this in "Ask your h22 questions here" because theres a lot of good experienced ppl there. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The reason why I knew it was working in the first place was that I DID see the diaphragm move right after I wired A17 and GROUND when I did the swap.

I really do not know why it isn’t working right now. Freaking strange… the only things I could think of that can be wrong are vacuum or sensor malfunction.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

On OBD1 it was my understanding the other wire had to be switched 12V. Find a switched 12V (usually a yellow/black wire like on the IACV/EACV). And on an OBD2 ECU the other wire is ground. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: iab help (HondaPartsHero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaPartsHero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On OBD1 it was my understanding the other wire had to be switched 12V. Find a switched 12V (usually a yellow/black wire like on the IACV/EACV). And on an OBD2 ECU the other wire is ground. Correct me if I'm wrong here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

when i first started... it worked the same way i described. it's a17 and a ground. that's how i know it's not wired incorrectly. it was working for 3 months.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Technical Hero

According to the Acura Service Manual its a switched 12V that's tied in with the IACV and EVAP purge
Old 07-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaPartsHero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
According to the Acura Service Manual its a switched 12V that's tied in with the IACV and EVAP purge</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know i've read plenty of threads regarding the 12v switch. i tried that before and it didn't work. then when i accidently grounded it to my intake manifold and it worked for some reason. it closed and i redlined in neutral and my friend told me that it moves (opens) when i am aground 6k. so i left it like that.... it's obd1 also. therefore, i figured it was supposed to be grounded.

it sucks because i know i'm not the only one with a gsr engine LoL and hardly anybody is helping.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Technical Hero

Sorry I'm trying to help. Just to make sure when you look at the plug from the wire side (see pic) the top wire is the one going to A17 and the bottom wire is going to a switched 12V. I'm have to doubt that it ever worked, I want to believe you, but the ECU grounds the solenoid at a certain RPM and the other wire is ignition switched 12V. The way you have it hooked up has two grounds which won't do anything.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaPartsHero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry I'm trying to help. Just to make sure when you look at the plug from the wire side (see pic) the top wire is the one going to A17 and the bottom wire is going to a switched 12V. I'm have to doubt that it ever worked, I want to believe you, but the ECU grounds the solenoid at a certain RPM and the other wire is ignition switched 12V. The way you have it hooked up has two grounds which won't do anything.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know you're trying to help me ...i appreciate it.

but i know what i saw... lol. the arm was down when the car is off. when i turn the engine on it goes up (closed) and when i rev it, it drops down (open). i wired it to the yellow/black wire also and no results either... that was the first thing i did was follow the 12v switch threads 6 months ago.

as of now, i think my sensor is broken...because it just stays open now either ground or a live wire and i doubt anything is clogged in my lines either. if A17 was a ground, how come i'm getting voltage through it? maybe that's an obd2 book. lol i really have no idea... i'm just going to stop posting and try to figure it out. i got the A17 in place... so all i need to do is switch my wires to what works when i get my vacuum box/solenoid. thanks bro.