Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really should know this by now...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really should know this by now...

but I did my swap over a year ago and have been quite lazy about hooking up VTEC. I think I have pin outs, but I have a couple of questions that I just cant seem to remember the answers to, even though I used to know. I searched for this info, but maybee I did not use the right words in my multiple searches. I understand that some EG's with out VTEC, and with in a certain year range, wires do not have to be run directly to the ECU. The car is pre wired and the wires only have to be run to one of the three plugs on the pass. side shock tower. Which year models are those and which of the three connectors woud the wire run to. I think it was all cars in '92 but I can not remember. If my car does not fall into the vin range, where can I get pins to put on the end of the wires that I will have to run to the ECU. Where can I get pins to plug into one of the 3 plugs on the shock tower?

Flame away
Old 06-13-2003, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I really should know this by now... (PhucNguyen57)

The models that have vtec already is SI/VX. The Vtec solenoid is A4 and the Vtec pressure switch is D6.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhucNguyen57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it was all cars in '92 </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes that is correct

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhucNguyen57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where can I get pins to plug into one of the 3 plugs on the shock tower? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Go to a junkyard and rip them out!
Old 06-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really should know this by now... (turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The models that have vtec already is SI/VX. The Vtec solenoid is A4 and the Vtec pressure switch is D6. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yes that is correct</TD></TR></TABLE>
I guess my 93 is not eligible

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Go to a junkyard and rip them out!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish I could rip them out a a salvage yard around here, but almost all hte good honda stuff in DFW goes to HondaHeaven. Every time I needed something to complete a swap or project, they wanted me to buy the hole F'n swap, front clip or suspension.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it does not have to be the vtec pinouts, any pinouts (shock tower) will work.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really should know this by now... (turbogixxer)

COOL. I was not aware of all that
Old 06-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just to clear up something, i am talking about the actually pinout (The piece that holds the wire and connects it to the male/female of the other side) that is in the connector, not the whole connector.