Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hybrid A/C question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Hybrid A/C question...

I have a B18c1 in a 95 Civic coupe DX. When I bought my DX new, it didn't have A/C, but now I would like to put in A/C. I am currently looking at a great deal for a complete ITR A/C system, I mean complete down to the washers system for an excellent price. I would like to know if anyone has put an Integra A/C system in a Civic, the reason I ask this is because I have a Fluidyne radiator for an Integra in my Civic , and I know the condenser goes in front of the radiator...and I don't have much space. When will need to be done to have this work? I have searched the Hybrid page and all the archived files, all i fould out how to do is install Civic A/C in a Civic..not Integra A/C in a civic... Any help from anyone who has done this will be greatly appreciated...or any leads on how to do it myself is what I am really looking for..
Old 09-01-2002, 02:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hybrid A/C question... (Blue-Civic-Hybrid)

Well the radiators on the Civic and Integra are completely different. Also the Integra AC compressor will not bolt onto your civic. Unless you do a B series swap into your car, i think you will have a very difficult time getting the AC system to work properly. I think you are better off looking for a 92-95 civic AC system.
Old 09-01-2002, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hybrid A/C question... (GZR4DR)

Well the radiators on the Civic and Integra are completely different. Also the Integra AC compressor will not bolt onto your civic. Unless you do a B series swap into your car, i think you will have a very difficult time getting the AC system to work properly. I think you are better off looking for a 92-95 civic AC system.
Read my post again..I have the same engine as you do..
Old 09-01-2002, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oops missed that first part. If you can pick up a Helms manual for a 94+ integra. It should have a complete diagram on installation and everything else you need to know to install it. Since both cars are built off the same platform, it should work. My only concern is the brackets that hold the radiator thing for the AC system as i am not sure if the civic has them.
Old 09-01-2002, 04:33 PM

U need the ff:
1. A/C evaporator (92-civic)
2. A/C compressor (Civic or Integra)
3. A/C condenser (Civic if you want to look stock.
4. refrigirant lines including expansion valve and dryer

It should be doable except for the evaporator because that has to fit under the dash. If ur car did not come A/C, the dashboard might not have provision to hold the Evaporator.

The other parts like the condenser, compressor can be rigged to work with your car if its not coming from a civic.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hybrid A/C question... (johnd)

I don't know what kind of deal you got on the ITR system, but here's something to consider...

You can buy a COMPLETE brand new OEM '92-95 Civic A/C system for like $800 from http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Something to consider....that's all brand new. Not too bad IMHO considering it's OEM and brand spankin new for everything from the condensor to underneath the dash.

I would be weary of buying a used A/C system....most people don't take them out right and end up ruining the dryer and compressor without knowing it. You might end up buying a new compressor and dryer anyway if that's the case....

my $.02
Old 09-01-2002, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hybrid A/C question... (hot_EG)

Yes, I have seen the complete new A/C systems for a Civic, but I want to know if anyone has done or even attempted to do what i want to do, and yes my Civic never came with A/C, and this A/C deal I am getting is really great.

I remember reading on this board before about someone who has done what i want to do, but it is not in archived files. what worries me really is the internal wiring for the Civic versus the Integra and the coolant lines and mainly the condeser and what kind of brackets i will have to fabricate to hold this bad boy in front of my fluidyne radiator...
Old 09-02-2002, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bizump...