Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hx issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hx issues

I have a 99 hx. It use to be an auto, and the previous owner converted it to a manual . I have since started and almost finished a b18b1 swap. My question is if anyone can help;
what obd2 is this stupid car. Ive seen it's obd2a and I've seen that it's obd2b when I look it up. I do know it has four plugs that all have pins when you plug it into the p2m ecu. I have been able to make it run with a 2000 crv ecu but it won't idle. I bought a obd2a to obd1 jumper harness and it doesnt engage the fuel pump. Does anyone have a pin out or some advice on making it run with a obd1 p75?
Old 01-08-2019, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hx issues

Originally Posted by Matthew Dalsing
I have a 99 hx. It use to be an auto, and the previous owner converted it to a manual . I have since started and almost finished a b18b1 swap. My question is if anyone can help;
what obd2 is this stupid car. Ive seen it's obd2a and I've seen that it's obd2b when I look it up. I do know it has four plugs that all have pins when you plug it into the p2m ecu. I have been able to make it run with a 2000 crv ecu but it won't idle. I bought a obd2a to obd1 jumper harness and it doesnt engage the fuel pump. Does anyone have a pin out or some advice on making it run with a obd1 p75?

If you're still dealing with this, I may be able to help. Long story short, I swapped a boosted, manual B18B1 from a 1994 integra, into my cvt automatic, D16Y5 1997 HX coupe. First off, the conversion harness you're looking for is an obd2a to obd1. I initially made the mistake of buying an obd2b jumper harness, and couldn't get fuel pressure. Sounds like your issues are very similar to what I dealt with. Using the ecu from the 97 HX, I could get fuel pressure and spark, but it would not idle. Using the obd2b to OBD1, I couldn't get fuel pressure. I wound up ordering this
Amazon Amazon
, and once I got that installed, everything worked. I don't know why the obd2a to obd1 harness isn't working for you. I did the exact same swap and the one I linked worked for me.

You've chosen an interesting swap to undertake, so if you need any more advice, feel free to ask away. Luckily the previous owner took care of the manual swap for you. Dealing with the HX upper trans mount was a bit of a headache. Other than that, the biggest pain was the engine-side wiring. I assume you've already gotten your hands dirty on that, since you have it at least starting. One more thing I would make sure to check, is the IACV connector. I forgot to re-wire that when I did my swap, and obviously had major issues until I figured it out.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: Hx issues

The reason it won't idle right is because auto hx's use a 3 wire idle air control valve. You need to convert the engine harness and ecu plug to the 2 wire idle air control valve setup. Google pics how to its pretty easy.