Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22a Started on First Crank

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 07:50 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22a Started on First Crank

I just started my h22a today---first crank and started right up---no problem.

It was a relief to hear the beast start. Everything from DIY resistor box to wiring--so far so good. I just have to bolt the shifter down and everything you be all set. I can I run the car without o2 actually being on the header--can i wrap it up in foil for a test drive?

I'm also going to be installing NX kit and spraying 50 shot in the beginning--any suggestions?

So far thank you for all honda-tech members for all your smart *** comments and good suggestions--hehehe

special thanks to POISON---very helpful men

any suggestions on what else I should do before i rape run it--

anyone need special tool for honda to decompress the hydraulic tensioner for timing belt? --well i made one and i could give you the dimensions.

as for the speed shops that are too stingy to lend me the tool--thanks anyways
for the shops that want to charge me 350 for labor---damn are you that greedy
for the shops that was trying to look for the tool--thank you, i did appreciate the effort.

this has been the most intensive project I've got involved in and so far many lessons learned and many mistake made.

thanks guys

H22a
Civic

Hybrid
Creation

HC

Old 09-24-2002, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: H22a Started on First Crank (M1kevtec)

Is the timing belt that hard to do!?????

Did you replace it out of the car?

How exactly did you do it? with the engine on the ground? stand? hoist?

I'll be doing this in about 2 weeks or so..also the clutch and flywheel
Old 09-24-2002, 10:08 PM
New User

Default Re: H22a Started on First Crank (hot_EG)

in the beginning--i replace the water pump, timing belt, and balance shaft belt, when the motor was out---

then when i started the motor--the timing belt wasn't set right so i had to take everything apart with the motor still in the car

I put a block of wood and jacked the motor up to release tension of the driver side mounts--under the oil pan---

then took the cover and everything i needed to take apart---the motor will tend to shift so you have to play with it so you could actually slide the timing belt inbetween the motor mounts--make sure everything is top dead center-----TDC----I made a special tool to clamp down the hydraulic tensioner so made the change a lot easier---without the tool--its almost impossible to keep the tensioner decompressed mode. well then i put everything back together while the motor was lowered from the driver' side----that's it-----
Old 09-25-2002, 08:44 AM

Default Re: H22a Started on First Crank (M1kevtec)

Good to hear it started up. Im doing the same swap too into a 94 Coupe down here in Lincoln. Hopefully everything goes ok. Do you mind if I email you with any questions if I have them? I shouldn't have any problems, and should beable to borrow that tensioner tool from my buddies at the dealer ship. Anyways nice job with the swap.

Later
Old 09-25-2002, 10:46 AM

Default Re: H22a Started on First Crank (BigBank420)

did you use the p13 ecu or did you go another route? if i went with the p72 would i need the resistor box or is it something the engine itself checks for, any ways around this?
Old 09-25-2002, 03:58 PM

Default Re: H22a Started on First Crank (2trix)

hum....if you use the p13 it requires a resistor box cause the injectors are called peak and hold...they take a signal from the resistor box...if u use the p72 it does not have a resistor box and it has saturated injectors..if u had the p72 u would have to have gsr injectors or some aftermarket ones....also if u use the p72 get it chipped to p13 specs..as far as the fuel and the timing..
Old 09-25-2002, 05:05 PM

Default Re: H22a Started on First Crank (jDmDxTuRd)

so if i wanna run prelude injectors i need to have the box?!....dam..
Old 09-25-2002, 09:43 PM
New User

Default Re: H22a Started on First Crank (2trix)

i used jdmp13 and made my own resistor box---had the car out today and it ripped the road---third gear was just too strong for my stock tires.

i also made my own tensioner clamp--for the other thread---

It took me about five days for the swap including having to replace timing belt--then after new one installed--replaced an oreilly bought water pump that i installed last week---bought a honda one---all honda parts----fawk remanufactured--too much work to replace---

as far as wiring so far everything is good and the car hauls ***---big jump from the 1.5 8 valves cx. Using del sol suspension----b16a2 one from a 97 car---it handles just fine---

email me if you have any specific questions...