Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22a in a EG Pictures requested of Drivers side

Old 06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H22a in a EG Pictures requested of Drivers side

Hi guys,

I have a 92 civic CX in the garage and plan on posting a whole bunch of photos as soon as i figure out where to upload them and post them all in here into a super long thread I plan on updating

Anyway.

I would like to see some peoples h22a swaps up close photos of the drivers side motor mount area where the engine is close to the right hand side frame where the crank is and the timing belt is situated there.

Is anyone doing any frame modification with this area to aid in changing the timing belt when the time comes? running no plastic shields around that area?

Please post photos if you have them I am very curious.

also shaving everything in the engine bay and re doing all the brake lines and fuel lines and vac ines.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There shouldn't be any real clearance issues...
The thing about the timing belt... If you're not putting a new one on now, you're asking for trouble. Get it out of the way now, while the motor is out. Then you don't have to worry about it for years. Even so, not having radius rods, like the prelude, it will make it much easier.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H22a in a EG Pictures requested of Drivers side (likwidchz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by likwidchz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi guys,

I have a 92 civic CX in the garage

I would like to see some peoples h22a swaps up close photos of the drivers side motor mount area where the engine is close to the right hand side frame where the crank is and the timing belt is situated there.

Is anyone doing any frame modification with this area to aid in changing the timing belt when the time comes? running no plastic shields around that area?

Please post photos if you have them I am very curious.

also shaving everything in the engine bay and re doing all the brake lines and fuel lines and vac ines.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

what mounts are you using??? you shouldnt have any clearance problems in an EG, In my Crx its close and i had to cut the stock crank pulley to single row in order to clear and run no timing cover. but in a 92-95 cx hatch it should be no problem. you can run the full cover still. even the alt fits great in a 92-95, with stock bracket. no frame mods necessary..... and what are you planning on shaving in the engine bay????
Old 06-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have the motor in yet, or even have the motor I am still working on body work inside the engine bay and painting it before i get anything, going with hmo for my motor, and mostlikely the hasport motor mounts.

And I was planning on doing a wire tuck along with changing all the required things before you swap, timing belt, water pump, and manual tensioner conversion.