Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22a ecu problem

Old 08-17-2004, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default h22a ecu problem

i'm doing an h22 swap into a 92' accord coupe...i know im supposed to add the following wires to the P13 ecu:
-IAB control soleniod...into pin# A17 (Consist of two wires)
-Knock sensor into pin# D3 ( one wire)
-V-Tec pressure switch into pin#D6 ( two wires)
-V-Tec valve into pin# A4 (one wire)
each one of these is assigned to one pin even if they have two wires...for example..the IAB control & the V-Tec pressure switch...which wire do i pug in to where?

im not worried about the knock sensor or the v-tec valve...only one wires comes out?.....please help soon
thanks

Old 08-17-2004, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: h22a ecu problem (type-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by type-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-IAB control soleniod...into pin# A17 (Consist of two wires)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you use the IAB connector from the old harness (jdm or usdm) Pink goes to A17 and blk/yel is sensor voltage. Sensor voltage can tapped into any yel/blk wire or A25 or B1.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by type-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-Knock sensor into pin# D3 ( one wire)</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is a sheilded wire. That means it has a mesh wire on the outside of the wire. You need this type of wire. You can take it off your old harness (h22a).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by type-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-V-Tec pressure switch into pin#D6 ( two wires)</TD></TR></TABLE>

One wire goes to D6, the other is a ground. Ground it anywhere (good connection).

Others, just ran to the ECU like normal.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: h22a ecu problem (ek2121)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek2121 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you use the IAB connector from the old harness (jdm or usdm) Pink goes to A17 and blk/yel is sensor voltage. Sensor voltage can tapped into any yel/blk wire or A25 or B1.

This is a sheilded wire. That means it has a mesh wire on the outside of the wire. You need this type of wire. You can take it off your old harness (h22a).

One wire goes to D6, the other is a ground. Ground it anywhere (good connection).

Others, just ran to the ECU like normal. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok i c..now i used regular unshielded wire for the knock sensor..its this going to affect anything..and yes i did notice that the knock sensor wire had a mesh around it...what it the purpose of this?