Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got an oil problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got an oil problem...

alllright...i'll try and be complete as possible. Loot at my sig for what motor i got. I try and check my oil on a daily basis, and about once a week it goes down ALOT. I dont know if its because i get on it only once and a while or what. i usually like redline it maybe once a day just gettin on the freeway or something, but somewhere im losing oil. I dont notice any leaks, so i must be burning it, but i never see any blueish smoke. Coming home from a long drive last night, it stunk like exhaust really bad (theres actually a hole in my cat) but i think it might be the engine burning oil. If i get on it on the freeway (take it up to over 100) get it high in the RPMs in 3rd or 4th it starts to stink like that, and doesnt stop till i shut it off and leave it sit for a while. Around town if i get on it (1st or 2nd) it just stinks for a little bit. For awhile i just thought it was the exhaust but the oil thing worries me. Also, smelling the oil on the dipstick, the oil doesnt smell burnt or anything, it actually smells like really bad B.O. (body odor)

someone plleeeaaaaaasssssseeeeee help, i want my hatch to be operating better (my only driver)

im kinda scared.
Old 06-09-2002, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got an oil problem... (skud_dusty)

bump...i seriously need ****** help people
Old 06-09-2002, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: got an oil problem... (skud_dusty)

Did you check your radiator to see if oil is mixing with it? Just pull the cap off and look to see or look at your overflow tank. If there is oil mixed in - you got a blown head gasket. You could also have bad piston rings. I think a compression and leakdown test are warranted to see how mechanically sound the engine is.

You didn't say how much oil your losing. How often do you add oil to the engine?
Old 06-09-2002, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got an oil problem... (Hondaaccordvtec)

no oil is mixing with coolant...how do i do a leakdown test?

i'm losing quite a bit. i try to keep it around 3/4 of the way up to full. the only thing i notice is the smell when i get on it in higher gears. and why does the oil in my engine smell like B.O.? i've never heard of any **** like that before.

other than the smell and the oil dissapearing nothing seems to be wrong, it doesnt smoke, vtec engages cleanly and strongly, it pulls really strong right up to redline

i just dont understand it...could the dipstick be wrong and it burning excess oil? its never gone down below the lowest dot on the dipstick (there are two, and it never goes below the lower one...it always stays like a 3rd the way up) when i first got the car, i never checked the oil, then one day i just decided to. it was low. when i added more is when i started getting the smell. could it be that the dipstick is somehow off and its burning the extra? oil light and check engine light never come on, they come on when i turn the key to "on" but dont come on when driving or anything. i'm not getting any codes (even with a gutted cat, but since its obd1 theres only one o2sensor)

im confused as **** now. everything works ok, and even when its low on oil (or says it is) vtec is still fine. i just dont want to be breaking my fuggin car mayn

thanks tho