Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitment Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitment Problem

I'm having a problem with my b-series motor mounts in my 91 civic, in putting in a b18a1... the front and the rear mounts are giving me some trouble... mostly the rear mount. Its about 2 1/2 inches to the left... the transmission bracket is not lining up at all with the mount and i dont know what the problem is... i bought the kit for any b-series swap into a 88-91 civic/crx... it just doesnt make sense... does any one have a rear mount that will work for me?
Old 12-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fitment Problem (SpoolFedEF)

I would check with the manufacturer of the mount kit.. Although, you could post a picture and we might be able to figure out your problem..

Are you using the correct rear mount bracket?
Old 12-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i'm doin a obd1 gsr into a 90 hf crx, got the efb1 hasport, got the two side mounts on, can't get the 90' integra rear engine bracket to line up with the rear mount. they're lined up left to right, but up and down, the engine is too high, about 3/8 of an inch. I also noticed that the driver side of the engine is a little bit higher than the passenger side. I was thinking maybee if I shim the driver side mount would it set the rear mount. any knowledge would be appreciated.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolFedEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the front and the rear mounts are giving me some trouble... mostly the rear mount. Its about 2 1/2 inches to the left...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you move the rear mount over to the other set of bolt holes on the rear cross member?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolFedEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the transmission bracket is not lining up at all with the mount and i dont know what the problem is...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Most kits eliminate the front tranny mount all together and rely on the other 3 only.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolFedEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bought the kit for any b-series swap into a 88-91 civic/crx... it just doesnt make sense... does any one have a rear mount that will work for me?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What brand of kit is it?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Fitment Problem (dirtydisaster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dirtydisaster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i'm doin a obd1 gsr into a 90 hf crx, got the efb1 hasport, got the two side mounts on, can't get the 90' integra rear engine bracket to line up with the rear mount. they're lined up left to right, but up and down, the engine is too high, about 3/8 of an inch. I also noticed that the driver side of the engine is a little bit higher than the passenger side. I was thinking maybee if I shim the driver side mount would it set the rear mount. any knowledge would be appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you completely tightend the other 2 mounts mounts down? Try loosening them up to give yourself some slack and then you "should" be able to get the rear mount lined up. Tighten it down first, not fully though and see if that works. If so, torque them all down to spec.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fitment Problem (VTECVillain)

thanks worked perfectly.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fitment Problem (dirtydisaster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolFedEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the front and the rear mounts are giving me some trouble... mostly the rear mount. Its about 2 1/2 inches to the left...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you move the rear mount over to the other set of bolt holes on the rear cross member?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolFedEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the transmission bracket is not lining up at all with the mount and i dont know what the problem is...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Most kits eliminate the front tranny mount all together and rely on the other 3 only.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolFedEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bought the kit for any b-series swap into a 88-91 civic/crx... it just doesnt make sense... does any one have a rear mount that will work for me?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What brand of kit is it?

1. no, it wont fit, i can see the other two bolt holes, but the mount wont fit right...

2. yeah i guess its not nessecary but i wnted to use it.

3. it is an HCP set

thanks for the help