Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Question Of Many

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Question Of Many

Okay, for the past six years I've been driving a 98 Civic LX and have recently made up my mind on the swap I wanna run. Currently, it is nothing special, just a D16Y2. It is the four door, I'm one of those rare people who prefer sedans to coupes, and originally thought I was gonna keep it low budget and just build the motor that I have. The other day I was on Password: JDM just looking through stuff for some nice accessories, get an idea of what I might want to do, and I saw this bright blue valve cover and then everything changed. I want to do an H-swap, the H22A. Now, my dad bought this car brand new in 1998, and I basically grew up in the seat of this car. He gave it to me when I was 14, just got my beginner's permit, and over the past two years it has been my life line and carried me through hell and back. I'm very attached to it and what ever I do to it, I want it to look clean and look good and most importantly, WORK with all the reliability that is the iconic image that Honda is famous for. I don't want to slam it, and don't want to have cut outs in the hood. I'm still up in the air as to whether I want to turbo it out or not, depends on the feed back I get. I was just wondering what computer I need to get, first off, and whether or not what I actually want to do is possible. And if so, what are the biggest issues I'd run into on this particular build. Thank you for your time.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:36 PM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: First Question Of Many

All easily answered if you search H22 swap into Civic chassis. Take a look at the FAQ first and search this forum as well as google. After you read some threads, come back and ask specific questions about what you don't understand.

The real question is whether you want to swap the H22 transmission or not.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:40 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: First Question Of Many

That was a particularly long winded way of saying "I have no idea what I'm doing, please spoon feed me."

https://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-d...tions-1998336/

Go read.