Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally some Dyno Numbers..

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (S)ir..

Old 08-15-2004, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (S)ir.. (Jason kiDD)

How about a engine mods list and opinion on driveability/throttle response. Were there any tuning issues?

Are your cams at (0,0)? Or is this just a manifold bolt-on with tuned A/F?

An A/F ratio graph would be nice too. Sounds like you got some good gains. Congrats.

Pirate.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (PirateMcFred)

I got this from 2point6's first Skunk2 mani thread so is this what the graph above is?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nah I didint jump on the manifold bandwagon just yet because I wanted to be sure it would actually help. Most people think that when they bolting on parts without actual facts that they are actually gaining power..

My setup..

98 JDM Type SIR w/LSD
93 Civic CX body
ACT Clutch & Plate
Clutchmasters Flywheel
ATR Crank Pulley
Aeromotive FPR
MSD Digital 6 w/ Blaster 2 Coil
Greddy Header
Age Engineering Chipped P28
VAFC
2.5 Exhaust, no cat, Dynomax 2.5 Turbo Muffler

Everything else is stock.. I will try to get as much graphs as possible. SAE corrected.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-15-2004, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (PirateMcFred)

Yeah just a base run then one tuned with the VAFC...
Old 08-16-2004, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (Jason kiDD)

good numbers! F@#$ type S
Old 08-16-2004, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (93H22ACX)

so if 93h22acx is running @ 93 CX ALL-MOTOR:
H22A4--187whp and 160trq--1/4ET 13.250@102.16

Then your *** should be in that time frame also..depending on your driving skills..heh

'bout time you dyno--fuqer
Old 08-16-2004, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (92hybridAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92hybridAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so if 93h22acx is running @ 93 CX ALL-MOTOR:
H22A4--187whp and 160trq--1/4ET 13.250@102.16

Then your *** should be in that time frame also..depending on your driving skills..heh

'bout time you dyno--fuqer </TD></TR></TABLE>

or even better with 200whp...**** i wished i had another 13whp just to see how much of an improvement in my 1\4 time it can do maybe someone lend me a greddy or DC header

Old 08-16-2004, 07:46 AM

hehe Yeah it really is about time..
Old 08-16-2004, 09:13 AM

now it'll take him 3 years to get 1/4 mile times'

But 93H22ACX, i'm still a little lost as to how your numbers is what it is with the motor you have put together?

Old 08-16-2004, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (92hybridAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92hybridAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now it'll take him 3 years to get 1/4 mile times'

But 93H22ACX, i'm still a little lost as to how your numbers is what it is with the motor you have put together?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

what do you mean? mine is just a H22A4 with darton sleeves and wiseco pistons. what else do you need to know? if you're talking about the dyno in my dyno sheet and the dyno in my sig...i should make it more clear...the 187whp is the highest and the 160trq is the highest....but one sacrafised the other in peak rpm...so we made an adjustment to try to get into the middle of these two numbers. and that is what the dyno sheet shows. dyno was done with room and outside temp of 90 degrees and 90+% humidity

i would trade a few hp and trq numbers for better all around hp and trq

anthing else i can clearify?

Modified by 93H22ACX at 1:26 PM 8/16/2004
Old 08-16-2004, 09:28 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93H22ACX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the 187whp is the highest and the 160trq is the highest....but one sacrafised the other in peak rpm...so we made an adjustment to try to get into the middle of these two numbers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not totally correct. You do not have to give up one for another on a tune. Intake, head and exhaust give you your powerband (the actually motor too, but that is part of building). A tune just makes best of the given parts. HP is just torque over time. so, in a ideal dyno plot, torque and HP should be the highest possible.

with saying that, you can adjust setting (timing, fuel) to make more torque and less HP and the other way around.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (ek2121)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek2121 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not totally correct. You do not have to give up one for another on a tune. Intake, head and exhaust give you your powerband (the actually motor too, but that is part of building). A tune just makes best of the given parts. HP is just torque over time. so, in a ideal dyno plot, torque and HP should be the highest possible.

with saying that, you can adjust setting (timing, fuel) to make more torque and less HP and the other way around.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i would rather have a constant power band of a few hp less than a very peaky hp number with little to non mid-range...

so...ummm you're not correct in my case...

the hp difference between the 187whp and 186whp is this....

187.5whp and torque was gone from 130trq at 3500-5000rpm to a 111trq and peaked between 5500-6000rpm at 150trq that was trying to adjust the cam gears on the stock camshaft.

160trq created only 180whp peak

186.6whp and 156.2 was better over-all...good mid and topend.

BTW had to get camgears because head was milled

Old 08-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek2121 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

with saying that, you can adjust setting (timing, fuel) to make more torque and less HP and the other way around.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure what your point is but basically, tuning is key to making the parts you have on the motor run efficiently. also, you have to sacrafice peak hp for power elsewhere.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (Honda Sport)

Well the best thing for any setup unless you are only looking for dyno numbers is to get the most usable power under the whole power band. So that mean the most torque under load until redline.. For example makes no sense if you getting getting 130trq from 3k to redline with peak hp of 186 when you can get 155trq from 3k to redline with a lesser peak hp value.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Finally some Dyno Numbers H22 Type (Jason kiDD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well the best thing for any setup unless you are only looking for dyno numbers is to get the most usable power under the whole power band. So that mean the most torque under load until redline.. For example makes no sense if you getting getting 130trq from 3k to redline with peak hp of 186 when you can get 155trq from 3k to redline with a lesser peak hp value.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my point exactly
Old 08-16-2004, 09:48 AM

Not to be a dick, but reread what I said. You just said excatly what I just typed out.

IF you created 160tq with only 180hp, then created 186 with less torque, you have: a that is lacking top-end air charge (high-compression on stock top end) or a bad tune. Looking at your set-up, better breathing will yeild a lot better numbers. Start with a header. Hotshot and an-r are not that much.

Not attacking you. Hate to see anyone put that much money into car and not build it "right".[

QUOTE=93H22ACX]BTW had to get camgears because head was milled [/QUOTE]

Edit: you can only make better (read: well put together set-up) HP from more compression with better breathing top end. Thats why you are making a **** load of low end TQ.

Stop editing your posts, it makes it harder on me
Old 08-16-2004, 09:54 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek2121 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to be a dick, but reread what I said. You just said excatly what I just typed out.

IF you created 160tq with only 180hp, then created 186 with less torque, you have: a that is lacking top-end air charge (high-compression on stock top end) or a bad tune. Looking at your set-up, better breathing will yeild a lot better numbers. Start with a header. Hotshot and an-r are not that much.

Not attacking you. Hate to see anyone put that much money into car and not build it "right".[

QUOTE=93H22ACX]BTW had to get camgears because head was milled </TD></TR></TABLE>

Edit: you can only make better (read: well put together set-up) HP from more compression with better breathing top end. Thats why you are making a **** load of low end TQ.

Stop editing your posts, it makes it harder on me [/QUOTE]

i know how to build an engine...that is why my buddy and i have a 10 sec car....but other sources is still good for information.

i know all about compression ratio and cams and all that....i just did the high compression piston with stock head for now becuase money is being dumped into our full race turbo car....
Old 08-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=ek2121]Not to be a dick, but reread what I said. You just said excatly what I just typed out.

Not attacking you. Hate to see anyone put that much money into car and not build it "right".

there's this thing called a tight budget.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

actually you do have to sacrafice on for the other. that's what tuning is all about. where you need the power. if tuning was that easy, we'd have high hp and tq numbers all around.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:08 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda Sport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there's this thing called a tight budget. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Everyones on a tight budget

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93H22ACX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know how to build an engine</TD></TR></TABLE>

Never said you did not know how to a build a engine, I mean, you car is running. right? (it is a joke). Just that you put all that stuff together and then you want big numbers. Like I said before, topend parts will yeild big gains for you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93H22ACX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is why my buddy and i have a 10 sec car</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ask any racer, any racer.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda Sport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually you do have to sacrafice on for the other. that's what tuning is all about. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, Powerband is made by the motor and its parts NOT the tune (ideal). HP is just torque over time.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek2121 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never said you did not know how to a build a engine, I mean, you car is running. right? (it is a joke). Just that you put all that stuff together and then you want big numbers. Like I said before, topend parts will yeild big gains for you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

who would expect big numbers with a piece of crap nopi header? he just needed the car running and was on a tight budget so that was the only header he could get. still good numbers with a crap header.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No, Powerband is made by the motor and its parts NOT the tune (ideal). HP is just torque over time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

tuning is what makes the powerband. SO THEN WHY TUNE AT ALL??? why spend hundreds to thousands of dollars to tune? so you're telling me if I was to grab the best parts in the world and put them on a motor, I'm gonna make good power without tuning?? I'd like to see that happen. hahahhah
Old 08-16-2004, 10:18 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda Sport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who would expect big numbers with a piece of crap nopi header? </TD></TR></TABLE>

One of the problems. I think I am going to stop post about his set-up, he probably hates me right now. He has a A lot of power to made with the right parts.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:19 AM

1 ) Sorry Jason Kidd

2) Where did you get the idea that i wanted or expected so much power from my setup? Assuming makes you and ***

3) Our shop and our car is well known in GA.

4) Shut your hole everyone!

Quick Reply: Finally some Dyno Numbers..