Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust comparison

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 04:36 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust comparison

besides the itr, does anyone know which stock honda/acura muffler would be the highest flowing that would be easily swappable onto a 92 hatch? i know physically the itr's are longer than stock 92-5 civic mufflers, so it can be a pain to get that thing to fit right, especially when you're trying to clear a rear sway bar.. so i'm trying to find one that will work a bit easier. i've been offered a 93 ex muffler but i'm just curious if there's any others that may outflow this.. the inlet on the ex is so small! like 1.5"! i'm runnin 2.25" piping.

what about a gsr or an ls muffler? are they the same length as an itr muffler? would they outflow a 93 ex muffler? what about a 2000 si or a stock del sol vtec muffler? same question, any problems installing one or would they flow any better than an ex would? seems like the vtec exhausts like a gsr, del sol, or new si would flow a bit more, but that's just a guess. does anyone know? please help me out if you can, i just spent most of my money on a new motor so i don't have much left to get a new exhaust.. and i've looked into aftermarket ones like dynomax and magnaflow.. right now i'm runnin an es and it's still just a bit loud for me..

thanks.

Old 09-06-2001, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: exhaust comparison (bojangs)

if you could get one from maybe a CTR heard that its pretty high flowing...talking about it is one thing getting one is another but it can be done good luck