Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine will not start after swap.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine will not start after swap.

I just finished doing a 93 B18A1 swap into my 90 civic dx hatchback. I have not been able to get the car running after about 20 hours of troubleshooting. I have retraced all the wiring a half a dozen times and everything seems to be ok. I am using a JKOB conversion harness and have also tried another known good conversion harness with no luck.

It is getting great spark, is timed right (checked twice to verify), is getting 45 psi to the fuel rail but its getting no fuel to the cylinders.

I have tested the distributor sensors and they all read around 356 ohms which is within spec.

I am using the obd1 injectors and have wired the 4 wires that go back to the ecu to their proper pins. The yellow/black wires are all tied together to that 8 pin grey plug. Injector ohm age and voltage has been tested as well. There is 12 volts going to the yellow/black wire for around 2 seconds then it shuts off(it shuts off at the same time the fuel relay clicks back off after fuel pressure Is built up). Upon cranking the engine over the voltage goes back up again to around 11 volts. I didn’t have an injector noid light so I did the ghetto test light through the insulation on one wire and it is flashing like I think it should be as the ecu is closing the circuit to allow current to flow through the injectors. I even pulled off the fuel rail, held all the injectors in while my friend cranked over the engine and the injectors did not spray.

I pulled off the fuel relay and tested it and it is fine.

There is no engine codes being thrown.

All tests have been done as per the steps outlined in the factory service manual.

I pulled off the injectors tonight and am going to get them tested but I have a hard time believing that all 4 injectors would be dead. However I bought this engine out of the car and have since had it rebuilt. It was just put in my car last weekend and I cant say for sure that all the sensors were good before but I have tried a P75 ecu and that didn’t help out at all.

Im pretty much at my wits end with this thing so I thought id see if you guys can think up some more things for me to check.

Thanks

Steve
Old 02-02-2005, 08:45 AM

i know this sounds stupid but i would try a new main relay for ***** and giggles.i have havd a few friends who had there working just fine before a swap and then mysteriously stoped working when the new motor went in. just a thought.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: (PHOBIA)

im sure i could dig one up from somewhere but i went through the service manual and tested it out as per their instructions and it checked out fine.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:00 PM

some times they give false reading.i went through 2 used ones both with the same symptoms and then i finally bought a new one and havent had any problems yet.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: (PHOBIA)

every injector was seized

i got a fuel injection shop to fix them up for me for 20 bucks